International Graduate Admissions
An F-1 student is a nonimmigrant who is pursuing a “full course of study” to achieve a specific educational or professional objective, at an academic institution in the United States that has been designated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to offer courses of study to such students, and has been enrolled in SEVIS (the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System). International F-1 applicants follow the same timelines and application procedures as U.S. residents; however they must follow these additional instructions:
- All application materials must be submitted in English
- Proof of English competency is required
- Applicants who have completed coursework from an institution outside of the United States must request an evaluation of credentials
- Proof of financial support must be demonstrated
- Health insurance is required
English Proficiency Requirements For Graduate Applicants
To meet Augsburg College admission requirements, you must provide evidence of a sufficient command of both written and spoken English to study college courses conducted entirely in English.
Below is a list of the tests and programs Augsburg College accepts as evidence for English proficiency.
Score reports must be sent to Augsburg directly from the testing center. Score reports must not be more than two years old.
English Proficiency Options:
International Transcript Evaluation
Augsburg requires an evaluation of credentials for any transcript(s) from an institution outside of the United States. The evaluation report should be sent directly to the program to which you are applying.
This evaluation should include the following:
- Analysis of credentials to determine if your degree is equivalent to an accredited U.S. bachelor\’s degree.
- Course by course evaluation to show your complete course listing with credit values and grades received for each course.
- Calculation of grade point average to demonstrate your cumulative grade point average using the standard U.S. grading system, i.e., A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0.0.
- Translation to English (if applicable)
Evaluations can be accepted from World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators.