Augsburg welcomes U.S. citizens or permanent residents educated outside the U.S. Application requirements are:
- All application materials must be submitted in English
- Proof of English competency is required
- Applicants who have completed coursework from an institution outside of the United States must request an evaluation of credentials. Contact your admissions counselor to determine if your program of interest requires a course-by-course evaluation or degree equivalency.
English Proficiency Requirements For Graduate Applicants
To meet Augsburg University admission requirements, you must provide evidence of a sufficient command of both written and spoken English to study college courses conducted entirely in English.
Below is a list of the tests and programs Augsburg University accepts as evidence for English proficiency.
Score reports must be sent to Augsburg directly from the testing center. Score reports must not be more than two years old.
English Proficiency Options:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) score report of 80 on the Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) with a subscore of 20 on the written and 20 on the speaking sections. (The Augsburg University TOEFL code is 6014.)
- IELTS Academic (International English Language Testing System) score report of 6.5.
- MELAB (Michigan English Language Assessment Battery) score report of 80, and score report must be accompanied by an official letter from the testing coordinator.
- Successful completion of a previous undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university in the US, the United Kingdom, Ireland, English-speaking Canada, New Zealand or Australia.
International Transcript Evaluation
Augsburg requires an evaluation of credentials for any transcript(s) from an institution outside of the United States. The evaluation report should be sent directly to the program to which you are applying.
This evaluation should include the following:
- Analysis of credentials to determine if your degree is equivalent to an accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Course by course evaluation to show your complete course listing with credit values and grades received for each course.
- Calculation of grade point average to demonstrate your cumulative grade point average using the standard U.S. grading system, i.e., A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0.0.
- Translation to English (if applicable)