The Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies encourages qualified applicants from other countries to apply to the PA Program. An F-1 student is a non-immigrant who is pursuing a “full course of study” to achieve a specific educational or professional objective, at an academic institution in the United States that has been designated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to offer courses of study to such students, and has been enrolled in SEVIS (the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System).
All applicants to the PA Program must follow the application process as defined by the Augsburg PA Program and CASPA.
Regardless of residential status, all applicants must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Completed Central Application Service for PA’s (CASPA) and Augsburg University Supplemental Application and fees, due August 1st at the latest.
- 3 letters of reccommendation from health professional and academic references.
- Augsburg supplemental application and essays
- Completed bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university, by February 1st of the matriculation year.
- Cumulative GPA must be 3.0 or higher (as calculated by CASPA).
- Science GPA must be 3.0 or higher (as calculated by CASPA).
- Completed 2000 hours of direct, paid patient care experience
- Completion of all prerequisite courses* by February 1st of the matriculation year.
*Course details can be found on the prerequisites page here.
REQUIREMENTS FOR APPLICANTS WITH DEGREES FROM OUTSIDE THE U.S.
Foreign Credential Evaluation
Augsburg requires foreign credential evaluation for any transcripts from an institution outside of the United States. This evaluation should include the following:
- Analysis of credentials—to determine if your degree is equivalent to an accredited U.S. Bachelor’s degree.
- Course-by-course evaluation—to show your complete course listing with credit values and grades received for each course.
- Calculation of grade point average—to demonstrate your cumulative grade point average using the standard U.S. grading system, i.e., A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0.0.
- Translation to English (if applicable).
Refer to World Education Services for further information about transcript evaluation. Please follow the CASPA guidelines for submission of transcript evaluation documentation for the CASPA application.
English Language Proficiency
To meet Augsburg University admission requirements, applicants must provide evidence of a sufficient command of both written and spoken English to study graduate level coursework conducted entirely in English. The following is a list of the tests and programs Augsburg University accepts as evidence for English proficiency.
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 80 on the Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) with a sub score of 20 on the written and 20 on the speaking sections.
- TOEFL Essentials: Minimum score of 8.5
- IELTS: Minimum score of score report of 6.5.
- Duolingo English Test: 105 (For tests taken on or after July 15, 2019)
- Successful completion of a previous undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university in the US, the United Kingdom, Ireland, English-speaking Canada, New Zealand or Australia