Started in 1999, the Environmental Stewardship Committee (ESC) has dedicated itself to stewarding the environment at Augsburg College. In 2016, the ESC was established as a official sub-committee of the University Council. This change in structure has brought about new roles and responsibilities for the committee.
The Augsburg College Environmental Stewardship Committee is a body committed to helping the college reach its goals. Its mission is to assist the governance structure of the college including: the President, all officers, staff, faculty and students in implementing best practices regarding environmental stewardship in both campus operations and curricular development. The Committee will accomplish its mission by acting in the following roles:
Accepted via consensus, February 23, 2016
- Establish annual campus wide environmental stewardship goals and initiatives, prioritize projects, and delegate management by administrative units.
- Develop and recommend campus wide policies toward environmental stewardship.
- Collaborate with Student Government on use of Green Funds for campus projects.
- Determine data collection needs, and assign appropriate units for collection and management.
- Expand visibility and align programs and language to reflect the efforts of Environmental Stewardship at Augsburg College.