We’re glad you’ve decided to apply to the Augsburg MFA in Creative Writing program!
Priority Deadline – February 1, 2017
The MFA program admits on a rolling basis until each genre is full. Completed applications received by February 1 will be reviewed and given a decision first. After that date, new applicants may be admitted or waitlisted, depending on space availability within genres.
- Completed online application form
- Official transcripts from ALL post-secondary schools attended
- Two Letters of Recommendation
- Creative Sample for the genre to which you are applying
- Fiction and Creative Nonfiction: 20 pages, double-spaced
- Poetry: 15-20 pages, single-spaced
- Playwriting and Screenwriting: 15-30 pages, standard script format
- Personal Essay (1-3 pages)
- Describe your goals as a writer and how you see an MFA in Creative Writing helping you reach these goals.
- Tell us about a moment when you knew you wanted to do something with your writing.
- As you work toward your MFA, you will receive a great deal of critical commentary on your creative work. You will also be expected to take part in the analysis of fellow MFA candidates’ writing during the workshop sessions. How do you react to receiving and giving this type of commentary?
Submitting official transcripts
Official transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions for undergraduate and graduate level coursework must be submitted directly to the Graduate Admissions Office by electronic transfer or by mail.
By electronic transfer: email@example.com (if prompted by your institution for an email address)
Graduate Admissions Office, CB 65
2211 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454