All MFA applicants must complete and submit an admission file that includes:
- Completed online application form
- $50 non-refundable application fee for each genre to which you are applying **If you apply online this fee is waived.
- Official transcripts from ALL post-secondary schools attended
- Two letters of recommendation (see below)
- Essay (see below)
- Samples of your creative work in the genre which you are applying
- Fiction and Creative Non-Fiction—20 pages double-spaced
- Poetry—15-20 pages, single-spaced
- Screenwriting—up to 30 pages, standard script format
- Recommendation Form and Checklist to be handed to any recommender not completing their recommendation online. If they would like to submit online just input their names and email addresses into your application.
Additional information for International applicants.
Submitting your transcripts to us:
Official transcripts for every undergraduate school attended are needed for the graduate application process. Transcripts from any previous graduate level work is also needed.
You may request your official transcripts from your past institutes of higher learning and send them to Augsburg College by mail or electronic transfer.
Graduate Admissions Office, CB 65
2211 Riverside Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55454
By electronic transfer:
Augsburg College uses Scrip-Safe, Docufide/Parchment as official transfer services. If you wish to use a different transfer service, please call 612-330-1101 to check on the feasibility of other options. Please send documents to firstname.lastname@example.org
After you request an electronic transcript, please send an email to email@example.com indicating that a transcript has been ordered. Include your name, desired degree program, electronic transfer service used and the name of the sending institution.
Priority Deadline: February 1st.
The MFA program admits on a rolling basis each genre is full, those received before the priority deadline will be considered for open spots first. Applications received will be reviewed and given a decision as they are completed. Applicants may be waitlisted and will be notified if openings occur.
Summer of 2014-still accepting applications for the screenwriting and playwriting genres.
Send application materials to:
Office of Admissions, CB 65
2211 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454