The Augsburg MFA in Creative Writing can be completed in 46 credits. If you choose to add one of the three concentrations (Teaching, Translation, or Publishing) you will complete the degree in 50 or 54 credits depending on which concentration you add to your program. For current tuition rates, please see the graduate tuition rates on the Student Financial Services tuition and fees webpage.
AWP membership is included in the cost of tuition.
Augsburg Inclusion Excellence Scholarship
Aimed to reduce financial barriers to graduate education for BIPOC identifying students, historically under-represented students, first generation college students, and/or those with the greatest financial need. This scholarship is available to students who are admitted/apply for Summer or Fall 2023.
- Racialized lived experience as someone who identifies with backgrounds historically excluded from and underrepresented in college education and career paths.
- First generation college graduate (neither parent/guardian having completed a baccalaureate degree).
- Other lived experiences historically underrepresented and/or marginalized within graduate education including but not limited to the following:
- Holding DACA, TPS, refugee, or asylee status
- Having a gender and/or sexual orientation identity historically underrepresented in the applicant’s profession
- Individuals with a disability
Augsburg Tuition Discount Programs
Augsburg Partnership Grant – MFA students who are employed by one of Augsburg’s partner organizations receive a tuition discount of $80 per credit for the entire program. Learn more about the Partnership grant, and see a list of our partner organizations.
Augsburg Alumni Discount – Augsburg University graduates receive a discount of $80 per credit for the entire program.
AmeriCorps Discount/Lutheran Volunteer Corps Discount – Students who have completed a term of service with AmeriCorps or Lutheran Volunteer Corps receive a discount of $80 per credit for the entire program.
Military Discount – Students who have served in the United States Military receive a discount of $80 per credit for the entire program.
Federal Student Aid
Financial assistance including federal loans is available to degree-seeking students enrolled full-time in the program. Students considering borrowing loans should complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid.