Want to learn more before you apply? Let us know you’re interested. This form will create a personalized Auggie Insider page for you, where you can find information about Augsburg College based on your areas of interest. If you have already filled out this form, log back in.
Submitting a complete application is the first step towards becoming an Auggie. As a first-year applicant, this includes the following:
- Official high school transcripts – Please have your transcripts sent directly to the Admissions Office from your high school. Include all transcripts from pre-college programs that you have attended.
- Official ACT or SAT test scores (Our ACT code is 2080).
- Letter of recommendation from a high school counselor or teacher.
- Essay – Write a one page essay on one of the following essay prompts:
- Is it better to follow your heart or head? Give a personal example to explain why.
- Tell us your thoughts on social media’s presence in society.
- Epic stories have been around since the creation of language. What is your epic story?
- What does this quote mean to you: “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” -Aristotle
- Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be? (quote by Danielle LaPorte)
- The more you find out about the world, the more opportunities there are to laugh at it- Bill Nye. What in this world do you laugh at and why?
Once your application to Augsburg is complete we are usually able to make a decision on acceptance in about 2-3 weeks, though sometimes we may take additional time to review your application. We review each application for admission holistically, therefore there is no standard grade point average, test scores, or years of courses required. If you have taken college preparatory courses, demonstrated academic success, and are active in your school and community we invite you to apply.
Could you be an Auggie? We can’t wait to find out – our online application makes applying to Augsburg easy and convenient. You will create an account that will allow you to return to your application to make changes or add information until you are ready to submit it.