Welcome to Augsburg!
The current pandemic poses many challenges for our students and families. But you’re an Auggie now, and we invite you to be bold with us. Introducing Augsburg Bold, a series of initiatives designed to help our Auggies meet the challenges of COVID-19. These initiatives include next year’s tuition freeze, flexible class models, a free summer online class, and more. To learn more about it, check out our full Augsburg Bold statement at augsburg.edu/news.
Hello, Auggie! We couldn’t be happier that you’ve made the decision to attend Augsburg this fall. Now that it’s official, here is your “To-Do” list to complete before joining us this fall.
Make it Official
Notify all other colleges that you have applied to that you have committed to attend Augsburg University.
- Activate your AugNet account. Activation of your account is needed to log in to your Augsburg email.
- Complete your Augsburg Seminar Registration Form. This form must be completed by June 1.
- Register for SOAR (Summer Orientation and Registration). SOAR will be held virtually, and you can sign up for the session that works best in your summer schedule.
- Complete your Residence Life and Meal Plan Contract if you plan to live on campus this fall. Priority Deadline is June 1.
Submit Your Paperwork
- Download and complete your immunization form. Immunization forms are required by the state of Minnesota and must be submitted to Augsburg before you can begin classes.
- Submit your official ACT score (the ACT is not required for admission, but the score with the writing section can be used for Academic Advising’s placement tests. If you didn’t take the ACT with writing, you will need to take a writing placement test instead for placement purposes.) Submitting your official scores is not required but strongly recommended.
- Request your final official high school transcript prior to graduation. Transcripts should be submitted to Augsburg by August 1, 2020.
- Request your final official college transcripts if you have taken PSEO, CIS, AP or IB courses you have completed. Transcripts should be submitted to Augsburg by August 1, 2020.
Email transcripts to email@example.com or mail them to:
Augsburg University Admissions
2211 Riverside Ave
Minneapolis, MN 55454
Plan Your Finances
- Complete the Financial Planning worksheet. This worksheet offers you tools for managing your loans, minimizing your debt, and understanding your bottom-line finances. This is not required, but highly encouraged.
- Schedule your financial aid appointment (if you have not already done so). Contact the Student Financial Services office at 612.330.1046 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Make Your Academic and Wellness Success Plan
- If you have ADHD, a mental health disability, a learning disability, a physical/sensory impairment, a chronic health condition, are on the autism spectrum, or have another disability or a temporary disability, contact our CLASS office (Center for Learning and Accessible Student Services) to begin the process of setting up accommodations and support. Please call 612-330-1053 or email email@example.com.
- If you need appointments with psychiatry or on-going mental health therapy, we recommend you make appointments in advance of coming to Augsburg so that you have support during the transition and your enrollment. Here are psychiatrists and clinics located near Augsburg and off-campus counseling clinics. Be aware that often it takes several weeks to secure these appointments in the Twin Cities.
- If you are coming to Augsburg University outside of the Twin Cities area, we recommend you consider connecting with Twin Cities providers in advance for medical, mental health, and dental needs. There are a variety of Health Care clinics and facilities near Augsburg. Please contact the Center for Wellness and Counseling with questions at 612-330-1707.
Move into Campus
Move in day for first year students will be in late August 2020. You will receive more information including directions and a specific move in time over the summer.