Join our Skills Coping educational group starting the first week of April (meets once a week for four weeks)!
Follow us on Instagram #augsburgcwc for coping hints and wellness resources.
Services During SPRING 2021
We want you to know that we are here for you!
CWC is working to adapt services to meet your needs during this challenging and unprecedented time of COVID. In order to protect the health of students and staff, we will be providing all counseling appointments by telehealth (either secure Zoom video, or phone).
Accessing Counseling Services:
- To schedule an appointment with a CWC counselor, call Dianne at 612-330-1707, or email Dianne directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with specific times you are available during the day Monday through Friday.
- If you are residing in the state of Minnesota, you are eligible for virtual counseling appointments through CWC. Since our counselors are licensed only in Minnesota, currently we can only legally/ethically provide counseling to students located in Minnesota. Prior to your appointment, you will need to complete intake paperwork through a secure link that Dianne will email to you.
- If you are living outside of Minnesota: Please contact CWC to set up a telehealth consultation appointment. We can discuss your concerns, help with short-term problem-solving and help you connect with qualified counseling providers in your local area. You will also be eligible for our Skills psychoeducation group led by one of our counselors (contact Josh Kent at email@example.com for more information).
Services Available to All Students:
- After Hours Urgent Phone Counseling line is open 24/7 when CWC is closed — call 612-330-1707 and choose Option 1
- Skills Group (an online psychoeducation and support group) — contact Josh Kent at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
- Get mobile-friendly help for stress, anxiety, and depression through the TAO online self-help program, now available to the entire Augsburg community
- Self-Help Resources on our website (including Coping with COVID, Depression, Anxiety, Skills to Feel Better Now, Self-Care for Activists, and Healing from Racial Trauma)
- Follow us on Instagram at #augsburgcwc for more resources
- Student Services Index (to find student support services through other departments on campus)
Mental Health Crises
- During office hours (Monday-Friday 8am to 4:30pm), contact CWC for a same-day appointment with a CWC counselor (612-330-1707 or email@example.com)
- After Hours Urgent Phone Counseling available 24/7 when CWC is closed (call 612-330-1707 and choose Option 1)
- See more resources on the CWC Crisis Support page
The CWC staff is committed to providing services that are culturally informed, inclusive and honoring of spiritual and religious perspectives, and LGBTQIA affirmative. We are honored to have received the “Augsburg Pride Award” from LGBTQIA Services.
(Pictured in photo, from left to right: Dianne Detloff, Abby Schnedler, Josh Kent, Beth Carlson, Nancy Guilbeault, Christine Oliver, Amber Madume)