Bing tracking

COVID-19: Updates and Plans ›


Consultation with the Center for Wellness & Counseling

Concerned about your son or daughter’s mental health?  You are welcome to contact CWC at 612-330-1707 to consult with a counselor.  Please note that all services at CWC are confidential, so we cannot tell you if your son or daughter is seeking services here.  If your son or daughter would like us to consult with you as their parent, they can choose to sign a written release of information form giving us permission to do so, or may choose to invite you to join them during a counseling session.

Also, please note that, due to professional ethics, counselors at CWC cannot reach out to contact your son or daughter to ask them to come in for counseling.  If you do want someone on campus to reach out to your son or daughter, you can talk to their Hall Director (if they live on campus), or talk to the Dean of Students, Sarah Griesse, 612-330-1489.

Online Resources

Set to Go   The Jed Foundation has put together resources to help you anticipate, plan for, and protect the emotional health of your college-aged children.

Starting the Conversation:  College and Your Mental Health  (a guide for parents and students from the Jed Foundation)

A Parent’s Guide to Mental Health for College Students

What to Do If You Are Concerned About Your Teen’s Mental Health   A conversation guide from the Jed Foundation.