Crisis Support

Emergency Room and Urgent Care

Sexual Assault Crisis Support

Relationship Violence / Domestic Assault

If you are experiencing a personal crisis and need immediate counseling support:

If it is daytime Monday – Friday (8am-4:30pm during fall/spring semester) call the Center for Wellness & Counseling at 612-330-1707, and let them know you need to see a counselor immediately.  (If CWC is not answering during office hours, call DPS at 612-330-1717 and they will help you contact CWC.)

If it is after office hours (evenings or weekends, and summer), 24/7 support is available:

1. If you are living on campus and need immediate support, talk to your Resident Assistant or Hall Director, and they will help you get the support you need.  Call DPS (612-330-1717) to get connected to the on-call Hall Director.

2.  Crisis phone counseling is available 24/7 at the Crisis Connection (612-379-6363), or at Acute Psychiatric Services crisis intervention line (612-873-3161).

3.  If you are having thoughts of hurting yourself or others, and do not feel safe, go to your local Emergency Room.  DPS will give you a ride if you are currently on campus (612-330-1717).

 U of M Medical Center West Bank (has separate Behavioral Emergency Center for mental health crises; go to ER to access the BEC)   612-273-6402

Acute Psychiatric Services – 24-hour walk-in crisis psychiatric support at Hennepin County Medical Center; Emergency Medications Clinic available 8:00am – 2:00pm. 612-873-3161

4.  If you are concerned that you are not safe, but not sure if you need to go to the hospital for support, you can receive free in-person crisis mental health counseling at home (or at a location you choose in Hennepin County) from the Hennepin County COPE Team (612-596-1223).  COPE services are only available to adults currently in Hennepin County.

Suicide Prevention Lifelines

National Suicide Prevention Lifeline  1-800-273-8255   or chat now

The Trevor Lifeline (Suicide Prevention for LGBTQ Youth)   1-866-488-7386

Veterans’ Suicide Prevention Lifeline   1-800-273-8255, press 1

Trans Lifeline   877-565-8860