How to Become an Auggie!
We are excited you are looking to become an Augsburg student and want to make getting here as simple and stress free as possible. Just follow these steps and you will be on your way to joining the Augsburg community.
Step 1: Inquire and Apply
- Complete your online profile and submit an unofficial transcript is the first step towards becoming an Auggie.
Step 2: Visit Campus
- If you haven’t done so already, schedule a visit and tour the campus! Explore our university in the city by meeting with an Admissions Counselor and touring campus with an Augsburg student!
Step 3: Apply for Financial Aid
- Apply for financial aid to be considered for Augsburg, state, and/or federal grants and loans. Complete the FAFSA.
- Make sure Augsburg has your social security number on file. This is required to process your FAFSA and to create your financial aid award letter. If you did not provide your social security number on your application to the University, you may call the Admissions office at 612-330-1001.
Step 4: Schedule a Financial Aid Appointment
- Schedule an appointment through Student Financial Services to meet with a financial aid counselor after you receive your award letter to review your financial aid and discuss paying for college. To make an appointment for you first-year financial aid review, call 612-330-1046.
Step 5: Submit Enrollment Deposit
- Pay $150 enrollment deposit with Admissions by June 1st. If you have concerns about the payment, connect with your Admission Counselor for options to have it waived.
Step 6: Complete Housing Contract
- Submit your housing contract and contact our Residence Life office with any questions.
Step 7: Register for Summer Orientation and Registration (SOAR)
- SOAR is a required two-day overnight orientation and registration experience for all incoming first-year students who will be starting at Augsburg in fall.
Step 8: Submit Writing Section of ACT
- Incoming first-year students are encouraged (but not required) to have their official ACT writing score on file before attending SOAR. The ACT writing section must be sent directly from www.act.org. Please click here to learn more about Augsburg’s Test Optional policy.
Step 9: Submit all Final Transcript(s) and Immunization Form.
- Send your final high school transcript that includes your graduation date no later than July 1st.
- Have any official AP or IB scores sent to Augsburg. Our University code is 6014.
- If you have completed College in the Schools (CIS) or Post-Secondary Enrollment Options (PSEO), send an official college transcript from the college granting the credit, in addition to your final high school transcript.
- Complete and send your immunization form.
Step 10: Start at Augsburg in Late August
- You will receive information in early August in regards to move-in day specifics, residence hall bed lofts and rentals, and much more!