You may apply for admission to the Augsburg College MBA if you have received or are planning to receive a bachelors degree or higher from a regionally accredited college or university prior to enrolling in the MBA. Two years of professional experience is preferred. Selection of students is based on demonstrated academic ability with satisfactory performance in college work as well as professional experience.
Have official academic transcripts from all previously attended post-secondary institutions sent directly to the Graduate Admissions Office. This includes colleges, universities, and vocational/technical institutions. If prompted by your institution to provide an e-mail address to which e-transcripts can be sent, please send to email@example.com. Transcripts sent via mail should be sent to: Graduate Admissions, 2211 Riverside Ave, Campus Box 65. Minneapolis, MN 55445.
If your bachelor’s degree was earned at an institution outside of the United States, Augsburg requires an official U.S. degree equivalency evaluation. The evaluation report should be sent directly to graduate admissions. If you attended university outside of the United States, but graduated with a bachelor’s degree from a United States college or university, please contact the admissions office to determine whether you will be required to submit a transcript evaluation. International transcript evaluations are not required from applicants who studied abroad during their enrollment in a U.S. college or university.
International transcript evaluations should include the following:
- Evaluation of credentials to determine if your degree is equivalent to an accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Calculation of grade point average to demonstrate your cumulative grade point average using the standard U.S. grading system, i.e., A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0.0.
- Translation to English (if applicable)
We recommend applicants use one of the following services:
- World Education Services, Inc. – website: www.wes.org
- Educational Credential Evaluators – website: www.ece.org
Please request letters of recommendation from two individuals with whom you have worked professionally. Please submit the name and e-mail address of your recommenders within the online application. Recommenders will receive an e-mail inviting them to submit their recommendations online.
Please upload your current résumé to the online application or e-mail it to [email firstname.lastname@example.org]
We have listed below the essay questions required for application and admission to the Augsburg MBA program. Essays are utilized in the admission process to judge your ability to express yourself and to learn more about you as an individual and future MBA student. We prefer applicants to upload their essays responses to their online application or email them to email@example.com.
1) What are your intermediate and long-term professional goals? Please explain and be as specific as possible. How do you feel these goals would contribute to realizing your vocation? (Approximately 500-600 words suggested). Vocation at Augsburg is seen as fulfilling a calling; that through the pursuit of your occupation, you are performing a service to your community and society.
2) Answer one of the following questions (Approximately 350 words suggested).
- What is your favorite quote and why is it meaningful to you?
- If you could have dinner with one individual in the past, present, or future, who would it be and why?
- At Augsburg, we think that business should be approached from a strong ethical and values-driven foundation. Who has been most influential in creating your value system and sense of what is right or wrong? How were you influenced?
Essays should be typed using 11- or 12-point font. Essays may be double spaced for readability.
You will be invited to campus for a personal interview if your application is approved by the admissions committee.
Submit application items and related materials to:
Graduate Admissions Office
Augsburg College, CB 65
2211 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454
Fall Term (begins in September)
- Priority Deadline is July 15
- Final Deadline is August 15
Spring Term (begins in January)
- Priority Deadline is November 15
- Final Deadline is December 15
Summer Term (begins in May)
- Priority Deadline is March 15
- Final Deadline is April 15
Applications are processed on a rolling basis. Applications submitted and files completed after deadlines are reviewable if space permits and enough time exists for a file review and interview to be conducted prior to orientation.
International Students are strongly encouraged to submit all application materials by the priority application deadlines.