Friday, December 4, 2015 at 5 & 8 p.m.
Saturday, December 5, 2015 at 2, 5, & 8 p.m.
All services are currently full
- A limited amount of Rush Seating tickets will be available for each service, 10-minutes prior to the start of the Prelude.
- Please Note—Beginning at NOON on Friday, December 4, Advent Vespers tickets will not be available at Augsburg College.
- All remaining tickets will be transferred to the WILL CALL table located at Central Lutheran Church in the South Commons Lobby. Tickets will be available for pick up beginning at 4 p.m. on Friday and 1 p.m. on Saturday.
Advent Vespers celebrates the beginning of the Christmas season with traditional and contemporary hymns, anthems, and carols. The Augsburg College Advent Vespers celebration is one of the largest holiday music events in the Twin Cities with over 10,000 worshipers participating annually.
Held in the beautifully renovated Central Lutheran Church in downtown Minneapolis, this celebration combines more than 300 participants including choirs, instrumentalists, readers, and a full liturgical party.
The services highlight the majesty of the space at Central Lutheran Church. Follow the drama of the processions and capture the splendor of the sounds from the massed choirs scattered throughout the sanctuary.
Seating envelopes (your ‘ticket’ to get in the door!), are required, and are are distributed on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations can be made online by following the link, Vespers Reservations.
Seating envelopes are also available:
- In the Music Office
- At the Christensen Center Welcome Desk
- Or you may contact the Music Office directly at 612-330-1265
Suggested donations, received at the door, are $20 per person or $50 per family. Medical product donations such as pain relievers, bandages, ointments, and toiletries, will be collected before each service for distribution to the Augsburg/Central Nursing Center’s free health clinic.
Advent Vespers reservations that are received after 1 p.m. on Wednesday, November 25 will not be mailed out. Your order will be processed and you will be contacted with ticket & service details.