Sunday, June 25th – Friday, June 30th, 2023
Youth who have completed 9th-12th grade will engage in vocational discernment in community.
An annual weeklong on-campus experience for high school students at Augsburg University with daily exploration in the neighborhood and the city.
Together in community, high school participants learn how to practice vocational discernment through a variety of experiences including –
- intentional community building with small groups led by college mentors
- daily spiritual practices of prayer, journaling, first word, and worship
- learning how spiritual gifts and strengths inventories can deepen our understanding of the gifts God has us
- reading books and articles that invite academic inquiry as a way of understanding theology and vocation
- community based learning in the Cedar-Riverside neighborhood and the greater Twin Cities
HOPE FOR YOUNG PEOPLE
Our hope is that by the end of the CONFLUENCE, each participant will have gained a deeper insight into who they are and the life they want to lead as children of God. These stories all flow together – it’s simple.
The cost is $350/participant and covers the cost of all on campus programming. Participants are responsible for transportation to and from Augsburg University. It is recommended that faith communities cover part to full cost for participants. This is a local decision.
Where are you going to college? Students who attend the youth theology institute and who apply for undergraduate admissions at Augsburg University, will receive the minimum Regents Scholarship applied to their financial aid package.
- February 1st – applications open
- May 15th – applications, registrations, and payment due
- June 1st – final materials mailed to participants
- June 25th – first day of THE CONFLUENCE event