Do you have a passion for music-making? Do you love to share your talent with others? Would you like to make a difference in the lives of young people?
Are you ready to become “that music teacher”—the one who inspires the next generation of musicians, teachers, and musically-enriched community members?
Are you a capable musician dedicated to the pursuit of a rewarding career as a band, choir, orchestra or classroom music teacher? Are you a transfer student or returning college student seeking a music teaching degree?
If any of these scenarios describe your situation, we invite you to become a partner with us in this musical adventure.
Bachelor of Music, music education major – Course descriptions are located in the University Catalog
Professional Development WEek
For School and Community Music Educators
Monday, June 25 – Friday, June 29
- CEUs/Clock Hours will be awarded.
- Topics qualify for Minnesota Licensure Renewal Requirements.
Five days of professional development on topics of current significance to the profession:
- TBD – Culturally Relevant Pedagogy
- Sarah Minette, South High School (Minneapolis Public Schools) – Social Justice and Equity in Music Education
- Tim Buzza, Augsburg University and Edison High School (Minneapolis Public Schools) – Creativity in Music Education
- Emma Moonier, Augsburg University – Working with Special Needs Students in Music Education Settings
- Daniel Albert, Augsburg University – Technology and Social Media in Music Education
All workshops to take place at Charles S. Anderson Music Hall, Augsburg University, Minneapolis. Check back in February for more details on registration including workshop fee, graduate credit, and housing options!