Mortensen Hall is named after Gerda Mortensen, who was the long time Dean of Women at Augsburg College. This residence hall offers apartment style housing for students. At 15 stories tall, it is the tallest building on campus. The 13 residental floors have eight apartments on each floor with an even mix of one and two bedroom living styles. Resident Advisors, one living on each floor, provide leadership for each floor and organize social and educational programs, floor meetings, and help develop strong community.
- Shares a lobby connection to Urness Hall (first year residence hall) with access to 24 hour computer lab
- Connected by skyway to Christensen Center (Dining Commons, Einstein’s, student lounge, tunnel system, student affairs offices)
- Bed, mattress, and dresser for each person
- One desk and desk chair per two people or per bedroom
- Kitchen with oven and stovetop, mini refrigerator, pantry, and sink
- Full bath
- Living room
- Heat (controlled in each individual apartment by residents)
- Wi-Fi and ethernet connections
- Free laundry on ground floor with smartphone monitoring and tracking system
- Lounge on lobby level open 24 hours per day
- Pool table, foosball table
- Food and beverage vending machines, public microwaves
- Big screen televisions in lounges available 24 hours a day
- Single sort recycling, trash, and compost disposal in building with trash chute on each floor
- 24-hour maintenance support
- Amazing views of the city (15 floors)
- Parking surrounding building
- 1 bedroom apartments have total square footage of 474 feet. 2 bedrooms have total square footage of 620 feet.
Join the online community
|Mortensen Hall||801 21st Avenue South|
Follow us on Instagram and like us on Facebook!
Residence Hall Director