Many first year students reside in Urness Hall and share a lobby with Mortensen Hall. Each of the nine floors has 18 rooms (each approximately 14′x12′), a common lounge, and a community bathroom. There are weekly activities in Urness to provide opportunities for students to meet and interact with each other. Our resident advisors are specially trained to provide leadership, guidance, and educational programs.
Some of the features of Urness Hall include a 24-hour computer lab and laundry facilities. Telephone, cable, wireless, and Ethernet connections are located in each room. Each student has a bed (36″x80″), built-in desk with adjustable shelves, chair, closet, and dresser. All rooms are carpeted and have one window (4’30″x 6’2″). Take a moment to examine the measurements of the living space. If there is something not listed, please contact Joshua Peaslee to suggest other items/spaces to measure.
Urness Hall also provides accommodations for students with disabilities. For more information contact Cyndy Rowe at firstname.lastname@example.org. To provide a safe environment for our students, the Department of Public Safety dispatch is conveniently located in the lobby area. In addition, there is a 24-hour escort service and a computerized entrance system.
Follow us on Twitter: http://twitter.com/Augsburg_Urness
Check out the first year resident newsletter: First Year Resident Newsletter
Residence Hall Director
Office Location: Urness/Mortensen Lobby
Urness Room Measurements
- 3 ft 9 in long x 2 ft wide
- Distance between both desks: 5ft 9 in.
- Left drawer: 1ft 3in wide 1ft 4 in long
- Right drawer: 1ft 6 in. wide x 1ft 4 in. long
- Distance from desk and 1st shelf: 1 ft 6 in.
- Distance between two shelves above desk: 1 ft 2 in.
- Shelves: 3 ft 9 in wide and 8 in long
- Height: 7 ft 3 in
- Width:2ft 11 in wide
- Distance between closet bar and floor: 4ft 10 in
- Distance between 1st shelf and floor: 5ft 2 in.
- Measurements of shelves in closet: 4 in. long 2ft 11in wide
- Distance between shelves: 1ft 1 in.
- Measurements of mirror inside closet: 8 in. x 4 in.
- Towel rack in closet: 2 ft long.
- Distance between closets: 9.5 in.
- Measurements from bed to floor on:
- 1st rung: 5 in.
- 2nd rung: 7.5 in.
- 3rd rung: 10.5 in.
- 4th rung: 1 ft 1in. (also space under bed without mattress)
- 5th rung: 1 ft 5 in.
- 6th rung: 1 ft 8 in.
- 7th rung: 1 ft 11in. (height to the floor including mattress)
- 8th rung: 2ft. 1 in.
- 9th rung: 2 ft. 4 in.
- 10th rung: 2 ft. 8 in.
- 11th rung: 2 ft. 11 in.
- Distance off the ground with beds bunked: depends on where you hook the mattresses on each but from top of the 2nd bed frame to the floor: about 7ft.
- • Bed Frames: 3 ft wide x 3 ft 6 in. high
- • Mattresses: 6ft 5 in. long x 2 ft 11 in. wide.
- 4ft wide x 6ft 1 in. tall.
- 2ft 6 in long x 2 ft wide.
(give or take without the little nooks and crevices)
- 6ft 15 in long x 13ft wide
- Including study nook: 6ft 15 in long x 16 ft. 9 in wide