Housing Expo 2016
The Housing Expo is your opportunity to decide where and with whom you will be living for the 2016-17 academic year. Don’t forget to bring your student ID as well as a printed copy of the email you will be receiving from Residence Life, which will contain your housing selection number and also indicates your allotted time slot for attending the Housing Expo.
Tuesday, February 16
Between 9 a.m. and 8 p.m.
Einstein’s, Christensen Center
The Department of Residence Life will work hard to meet your needs, but please come to the Expo with a list of preferred roommates, if possible.
For questions contact Whitney Wais at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-330-1488.
Lock It In: Secure your current space
“Lock It In” is an opportunity for current students to ensure that they can return to their same apartment for the next academic year. Apartments in Mortensen, Luther, and Anderson are eligible for this opportunity.
To continue living in your current apartment for the 2016-17 academic year, let Residence Life know you want to “Lock It In” by taking this survey before Monday, February 15, at 8 a.m.
After notifying Residence Life that you want to “Lock It In,” go to the Housing Expo to sign your contract on February 16 at the time indicated in the email you will receive from Residence Life, which will also contain your housing selection number.
Please note that 2015-16 apartment capacity is subject to change for the 2016-17 academic year.
Can’t attend the Expo?
Use power of attorney. Let’s get you signed up!
If you are unable to attend the Housing Expo to choose where and with whom you’re going to live, here’s how you can have a friend help:
- Select a friend that you trust.
- Outline the spaces you are seeking and indicate the time they need to attend for you.
- Send your selection number email to the individual you have selected to be power of attorney.
- Locate and sign the contract here, noting the meal plan you are interested in purchasing for the next year. Give this to your friend who is signing for you at any Housing Expo activities.
- Fill out the Power of Attorney Form and give to your friend stating they can sign for you at Housing Expo activities.
Here is the Power of Attorney Form Link.
Notes for the person acting as power of attorney
- Attend the Housing Expo at the time conveyed.
- Make sure you know all your friend’s options and interests.
- Bring the selection email, power of attorney confirmation form, and signed contract of the person you are representing to the required Housing Expo activity.
- Sign up for their housing.