Housing Expo 2017
The Housing Expo is your opportunity to decide where and with whom you will be living for the 2017-2018 academic year.
- Bring your student ID
- Bring a printed copy of the email you will be receiving from Residence Life, which will contain your housing selection number and also indicates your allotted time slot for attending the Housing Expo. This email is sent at the end of January 2017.
- Complete the online contract. If you have not completed an online contract, your space can not be reserved.
Expo date: Monday, February 13 – Friday, February 17
The Department of Residence Life will work hard to meet your needs, but please come to the Expo with a list of preferred roommates, if possible.
For questions contact Carrie Noble at firstname.lastname@example.org or 612-330-1488.
Want additional expo points?
Attend Residence Life events this spring semester up until Expo week and you could win 1000 extra Housing Expo points! These will be added to your selection number and increase your housing options. Check out the ResLife Events calendar for dates and times!
Lock It In: Secure your current space
“Lock It In” is an opportunity for current students to ensure that they can return to their same apartment for the next academic year. Apartments in Mortensen, Luther, and Anderson are eligible for this opportunity.
More information about Lock It In opportunities will be shared in the near future!
Interested in creating an Anderson Neighborhood? An Anderson neighborhood is a group of 8 or 14 people who want to live together in a townhouse or floorhouse, respectively. Roommates get together based on student groups, areas of study, athletics, or friend groups! For more information or to reserve your space, contact Anderson Residence Hall Director Gayle Smaller at email@example.com.
Can’t attend the Expo?
Use power of attorney. Let’s get you signed up!
If you are unable to attend the Housing Expo to choose where and with whom you’re going to live, here’s how you can have a friend help:
- Select a friend that you trust.
- Outline the spaces you are seeking and indicate the time they need to attend for you.
- Send your selection number email to the individual you have selected to be power of attorney.
- Locate and sign the online contract, noting the meal plan you are interested in purchasing for the next year.
- Your space will not be reserved if you have not completed the contract survey beforehand.
- Fill out the Power of Attorney Form and give to your friend stating they can sign for you at Housing Expo activities.
Here is the Power of Attorney Form Link.
Notes for the person acting as power of attorney
- Attend the Housing Expo at the time conveyed.
- Make sure you know all your friend’s options and interests.
- Bring the selection email and power of attorney confirmation form, and signed contract of the person you are representing to the required Housing Expo activity.
- Sign up for their housing.