Campus housing will be available this summer for Augsburg students, current residents and 2016 spring graduates!
All residents living on campus over the summer must be current Augsburg College students enrolled in courses for the Fall 2016 semester, or are Spring 2016 Augsburg College graduates.
Your summer rate may be reduced due to your enrollment in one or more summer courses through Augsburg College, or by your participation in research supervised by Augsburg faculty, involvement in URGO, or McNair.
Summer housing rates/cost
*Summer cost is for the full summer (include Session I and Session II): Payment in full required June 1, 2016. Contact the Enrollment Center for more information.
The summer housing contract begins May 2, 2016 and ends on August 5, 2016. Those who have signed 2016-17 academic year housing contracts will be able to stay on campus after August 5 and will shortly thereafter be moved into their fall space.
Standard summer housing: $1800.00
Summer course package: $1700
Researcher package: $1200
For more information about qualifications for summer housing packages, please see below.
Researcher Package: $1200.00
Be a registered research participant through Augsburg College academic programs to be eligible for this package. Connect with your faculty, URGO, or McNair program for more information. All participants must be verified by Augsburg College research opportunities to be eligible.
Summer Course Package: $1700.00
Registered for a summer course relevant to your college degree completion for eligibility in this package. Connect with your faculty or academic advising today to see what you can take this summer that will help you reach graduation. Residential student have higher GPA and greater success in course completion. So live on this summer. All participants must provide a transcript of course enrollment to be eligible.
Housing options available:
Mortensen/Luther Housing: Open to Augsburg Day Students
Non-StepUP residents will live in Mortensen Hall for the first portion of the summer and will live in a Luther residence for the second portion of the summer
- Single rooms in shared apartments (one or two bedroom apartments)
- May 2 – June 27th in Mortensen Hall; June 27 – August 5 in Luther Hall
Oren Gateway Housing: For StepUP Community Members Only
StepUP residents will live in Oren Gateway and will live in the flats for the first portion of the summer and will live in apartments for the second portion of the summer. Please note that a move to an apartment will depend on the amount of space available in the Oren Gateway apartments.
- Flat spaces from May 2 – June 27; June 27- August 5 apartments if eligible (based upon fall selection)
How Summer Housing works:
-The first step is to sign the Residence Life Summer Contract and return to your current Hall Director’s mailbox in the Residence Life main office. Find your Hall Director here
-Current academic year Augsburg students/residents may stay in their space after the last day of spring 2016 finals, and will move to their summer space on the date given to them by Residence Life. These dates will be provided in mid April.
All residents must be available to move to their assigned summer residence starting May 2, 2016 through May 16, 2016. This will be the time frame during which residents move into their Mortensen Hall space.
And between June 27 and June 30, residents will be asked to move to a Luther residence for the second half of the summer contract period. We apologize for this inconvenience, but it is necessary to ensure that all residences are ready for you and others in the fall when the majority of students return to campus housing.
Filling out and signing the Summer Housing Contract
*In order to sign a Residence Life summer housing contract, you must be either a current Augsburg student who is, or will be, enrolled in classes for the fall 2016 semester, or you must be an Augsburg graduate from the class of spring 2016.
If you are living on campus for the 2016-17 academic year, please do the following:
- Include your fall Residence Hall and room for ease of placement June 27 – August 5
- Include the name(s) of your roommate(s) for fall 2016 so we can do our best to place you together over the summer
- Housing deposit carries over from year to year; so if you are a current spring 2016 resident and/or are living on campus fall 2016 no new deposit is required for summer housing.
Important dates and information
- Summer assignments will be sent to your Augsburg College email beginning April 14th, 2016. Move-in dates for the week of May 2 and the week for June 27 will be provided.
- All summer residents must be available to move to their summer assignments starting May 2, 2016 – May 16, 2016 & June 27- June 30.
- Residents living in Anderson Hall or Urness Hall must be available to move to their fall assigned spaces starting August 1, 2016 through August 14, 2016.
- Students may be moved to temporary housing on campus until their fall space is available.
- All students who have not signed a 2016-2017 academic year Residence Life and Meal Plan Contract (academic year housing contract) must move off campus by August 5, 2016.
- Meal Plans are not available over the summer term. Nabo Cafe and Einstein’s Bros. Bagels have reduced hours.
- The Hagfors Center, Augsburg’s upcoming addition, will be under construction this summer across 7th street from Luther Hall in the Lot G area.
- Residence Life continues to have Resident Advisors living and serving on campus over the summer
If you have any questions about this information, please contact a Residence Hall staff member via the Residence Life main office, email email@example.com or call 612.330.1526.
The goal of Residence Life is to give you as much information about scheduled maintenance as possible. Every summer, there are multiple projects in progress in our halls and this summer will be no exception. Watch for newsletters and postings for these events.
For emergencies and after hours assistance, please contact the Department of Public Safety at 612.330.1717.
Summer housing is governed by the Residence Life Guidebook.