Augsburg students are invited annually to participate in the Minnesota Private College Council Day at the Capitol taking place this year on Thursday, April 6.
Each year students head to the Capitol to advocate for these funds for themselves and also future students. Please join fellow students for Augsburg’s Day at the Capitol April 6. Participating in this day is a great want to learn about advocacy and make a real difference for students who depend on the state grant each year.
What do you need to know:
- Register on MPCC’s website
- Attend the information session on March 22 at 6 p.m. during the Student Government meeting. This session will only take 20 minutes
- We will all travel to the Capitol together on April 6.
- You will get a light rail pass for the day
- MPCC will provide lunch for you while you are at the Capitol
- You will have a chance to hear from legislators who are Augsburg alum
- You will meet with legislators who represent you
- MPCC will provide you with all the information and materials you need to do this
Check in is at 7:45 a.m. in the Oren Gateway Center Atrium on April 6 and the group will return by 3 p.m.
For questions, please contact Lee George, Foundation & Government Relations, at LGeorge@augsburg.edu or 612-330-1629.
Minnesota State Grant Overview
There were 1,011 State Grant recipients on campus last academic year — that was 35 percent of all Augsburg undergraduates.
- The average State Grant award at Augsburg was $4,615.
- In total, more than $4 million in State Grant awards were made to Augsburg students.
The State Grant program helps students afford to attend the colleges that best meet their needs. The program:
- Targets low- and middle-income families with greatest need.
- Fosters student choice.
- Has statewide impact.
- Holds down additional borrowing and extra hours at part-time jobs.
- Invests in state’s human capital and future economy.