Augsburg University is a Travelers Empowering Dreams for Graduation and Employment (EDGE) partner institution and has been awarded a substantial grant to support the following goals:
- Increase the pipeline of underrepresented students to the University
- Help students from underrepresented communities complete a bachelor’s degree
- Build awareness of careers in the insurance and financial services industry
Travelers EDGE® supports a cohort of students at Augsburg each year with professional development opportunities and scholarships of up to $12,500.
We are not currently accepting applications for Travelers EDGE, please check back in March 2019.
ABOUT TRAVELERS EDGE
As the company’s signature education program, Travelers EDGE provides a holistic approach to education through partnerships with colleges and universities, as well as community-based programs, to increase the pipeline of underrepresented students who complete bachelor’s degrees and prepare them for a career at Travelers or in the insurance and financial services industry.
Travelers EDGE Scholars benefit from a broad range of support services including financial support, career and business advice from Travelers employees, internships and job shadowing, and professional development workshops.
Programming for the scholars has included:
- A mentorship with a Travelers employee
- Events at Travelers (job shadowing, Professional Development Institute)
- Financial literacy programming
- Career exploration focused on the insurance and financial services industry, in which scholars work on resume development, skills assessments, informational interviews, networking, etc.
- One-on-one meetings with career coaches in the Strommen Career and Internship Services office
- Opportunities to give back to the community and share personal stories with St. Paul youth