Ready to go back to school? There are many ways to get started.
Interested in MAE at our Rochester campus?
Apply Online (secure web site)
- Priority deadline is July 15
- Final deadline is August 15
- Priority deadline is Nov. 1
- Final deadline is Dec. 15
- Priority deadline is March 15
- Final deadline is April 15
Candidates admissible into the Master of Arts in Education program have earned:
- A baccalaureate degree from a regionally-accredited college or university
- A cumulative grade point average of 3.0 (on a scale of A = 4.0) in existing undergraduate or graduate coursework.
Applicants with a cumulative grade point average between 2.5 and 2.9 may apply to be admitted conditionally. Applicants who have a cumulative grade point average below 2.5 may be initially admitted at an undergraduate level.
NOTE: Prospective students who are interested in completing a bachelor’s degree or teachers who would like to earn a license at the undergraduate level without pursuing a master’s degree should contact Weekend College Admissions at 612-330-1001 or email@example.com for more information and a different application.
- Complete the application form
- Send $35 non-refundable application fee to the Augsburg Graduate Studies Admissions Office. Fee is waived if the online application form is used.
- As part of the application form, please submit a personal summary outlining your educational and work history, future career objectives and reasons for wanting to attend Augsburg.
- Have official academic transcripts from all previously attended post secondary institutions (including colleges, universities, and vocational/technical schools) sent directly to Augsburg Graduate Studies Admissions Office, CB 65, 2211 Riverside Ave., Mpls., MN 55454. All transfer credits that count toward your bachelor’s degree must be reflected on their original transcripts including PSEO credits. Institutions that have been attended after earning a bachelor’s degree must also be included. To request a transcript, call or email the registrar’s office at your prior institution.
- Attendance at an information session or an individual appointment is a required part of the application process.
- If you are a licensed teacher in the state of Minnesota and would like to add on an endorsement to your license and have the possible option of completing a master’s degree, one recommendation is required as part of the application process. Download the MAE Endorsement Candidate Recommendation form, ask the person doing your referral to fill it out and send it to the Graduate Studies Admissions Office, CB 65, 2211 Riverside Ave., Mpls., MN 55454.
You will be notified of the admission decision usually within one to two weeks after your application file is complete and has been evaluated by the Admissions Committee.
An official transfer credit evaluation of your previous academic work will be completed as part of the admissions process. It will be initiated during your intake advising appointment.
Advising and Registration
You are able to participate in academic advising and the registration process after you have been accepted.
Applying to the Education Department
Once accepted to the College, students may take designated courses in education and the content areas. Prior to taking EDC 310/533 and above, students must be admitted to the Education Department. This admissions process is outlined in the course EDC 200/522: Orientation to Education and in Admissions handbooks, which are available through the Education Department.
Interested in more information?
Fill out an inquiry form.