Ready to go back to school? There are many ways to get started.
- Request more information
- Fill out an inquiry form
- Call our office today at 855-682-6102 and schedule a one-on-one session with an advisor
- Attend an Information Session
- Visit campus and take a tour
- Email us at email@example.com
Interested in MAE at our Rochester campus?
- Call our office today at 855-682-6120
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply Online (secure web site)
- Priority deadline is July 1
- Final deadline is August 1
- Priority deadline is Nov. 15
- Final deadline is Dec. 15
- Priority deadline is March 15
- Final deadline is April 15
- Complete the application form
- Send $35 non-refundable application fee to the Augsburg Graduate Studies Admissions Office. Fee is waived if the online application form is used.
- As part of the application form, please submit a personal summary outlining your educational and work history, future career objectives and reasons for wanting to attend Augsburg.
- Official transcripts for every undergraduate credit that were part of your bachelor’s degree are needed for the graduate application process. All transfer credits that count toward your bachelor’s degree must be reflected on their original transcripts including PSEO credits. Transcripts from any previous graduate level work is also needed.You may request your official transcripts from your previous institutes of higher learning and send them to Augsburg College by mail or electronic transfer.
2211 Riverside Ave S CB65
Minneapolis, MN 55454
By electronic transfer:Augsburg College uses Scrip-Safe, Docufide/Parchment as official transfer services. If you wish to use a different transfer service, please call 612-330-1101 to check on the feasibility of other options. Please send documents to email@example.com
After you request an electronic transcript, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating that a transcript has been ordered. Include your name, desired degree program, electronic transfer service used and the name of the sending institution.
- Attendance at an information session or an individual appointment is a required part of the application process.
- Applicants do not need any recommendations letters in the admissions process. These will be collected later when students are in their first term of course work.
- If you are a licensed teacher in the state of Minnesota and would like to add on an endorsement to your license and have the possible option of completing a master’s degree, one recommendation is required as part of the application process. Download the MAE Endorsement Candidate Recommendation form, ask the person doing your referral to fill it out and send it to the Graduate Studies Admissions Office, CB 65, 2211 Riverside Ave., Mpls., MN 55454.
You will be notified of the admission decision usually within one to two weeks after your application file is complete and has been evaluated by the Admissions Committee.
An official transfer credit evaluation of your previous academic work will be completed as part of the admissions process. It will be initiated during your intake advising appointment.
Advising and Registration
You are able to participate in academic advising and the registration process after you have been accepted.
Applying to the Education Department
Once accepted to the College, students may take designated courses in education and the content areas. Prior to taking EDC 310/533 and above, students must be admitted to the Education Department. This admissions process is outlined in the course EDC 200/522: Orientation to Education and in Admissions handbooks, which are available through the Education Department.
Interested in more information?
Fill out an inquiry form