Bing tracking

Admission Process

Whether you are currently teaching or have decided a career in education is for you, the Augsburg Master of Arts in Teaching or Master of Arts in Education programs can provide the training you need to take the next step. Our accredited program allows you the option to obtain your initial teaching license, get a second license or endorsement, and complete a master’s degree in education.

Ready to go back to school? There are many ways to get started.

  • Fill out the inquiry form. Currently there is one form for both the MAT and MAE programs
  • Call our office today at 612-330-1101 and schedule a one-on-one session with an advisor
  • Attend an Information Session
  • Visit campus and take a tour
  • Email us at

Interested in MAT or MAE at our Rochester location?

Apply Now

Apply Now

Application Deadlines

Fall Term

  • Priority deadline is July 1
  • Final deadline is July 15

Spring Term

  • Priority deadline is Nov. 15
  • Final deadline is Dec. 15

Summer Term

  • Priority deadline is March 15
  • Final deadline is April 15
NOTE: Prospective students who are interested in completing a bachelor’s degree or teachers who would like to earn a license at the undergraduate level without pursuing a master’s degree should contact Adult Undergraduate (AU) Admissions at 612-330-1001 or for more information.

Application Checklist

  • Complete the application form
  • The application fee of $35 is waived if the online application form is used. If you are not able to use the online form, please send the $35 non-refundable application fee to the Augsburg Graduate Studies Admissions Office.
  • As part of the application form, you will be asked to create a 4-8 paragraph structured essay and specific instructions can be found in the application.
  • Official transcripts for every undergraduate credit that were part of your bachelor’s degree are needed for the graduate application process. Your bachelor’s degree must be earned from a regionally accredited institution. All transfer credits that count toward your bachelor’s degree must be reflected on their original transcripts including PSEO credits. Transcripts from any previous graduate level work is also needed.You may request your official transcripts from your previous institutes of higher learning and send them to Augsburg University by mail or electronic transfer.

By mail:

Admissions Office
2211 Riverside Ave S CB65
Minneapolis, MN 55454

By electronic transfer:

Augsburg University uses Scrip-Safe, Docufide/Parchment as official transfer services.  If you wish to use a different transfer service, please call 612-330-1101 to check on the feasibility of other options.  Please send documents to

After you request an electronic transcript, please send an email to indicating that a transcript has been ordered.  Include your name, desired degree program, electronic transfer service used and the name of the sending institution.

  • Attendance at an information session or an individual appointment is a required part of the application process.
  • No letters of recommendation are needed in the admissions process.


You will be notified of the admission decision usually within two weeks after your application file is complete and has been evaluated by the Admissions Committee.

Credit Evaluation

An official transfer credit evaluation of your previous academic work will be completed as part of the admissions process.

Advising and Registration

You are able to participate in academic advising and the registration process after you have been accepted.