End of 2022: Our Key Insights and What We Are Leaving Behind

A circle of the CCV staff's feet. Some have shoes on and some just have socks. It has been a year full of laughter, sorrow, change, hope, pain and so much more. We are grateful we are in this work together alongside such a wonderful staff and partners inside and outside of the Augsburg community. We asked our CCV staff to reflect on this last year asking what key insights are you carrying with you into 2023 and what are you leaving behind.

CCV Staff in the office before the Christensen SymposiumAdrienne

KEY INSIGHTS

Oh so many insights. One particularly is that boundaries help ground me and show people where I stand. They are actually a gift rather than a limitation. 

LEAVING BEHIND

Unrealistic expectations of people, relationships, communities. 

Amanda and Ellen outdoors on a bridge.Amanda

KEY INSIGHTS

This year I tried some new things, from sports to needle crafts. I learned that it’s important to keep practicing being a novice and it’s perfectly fine to be bad at things. 

LEAVING BEHIND

I am leaving behind the pressure of “should” and instead continuing to cultivate practices of patience and grace for myself. 

Ellen

KEY INSIGHTS

Boundaries, boundaries, boundaries. This year has been a year of returning back to my roots and what grounds me. What has allowed me to show up more fully and embodied has been setting and keeping boundaries. 

LEAVING BEHIND

I am leaving behind the pressure to say yes to more. If it isn’t a hell yes, then it’s a no for me right now. 

Geoffrey on top of a tree stump with his arms out to the side. Geoffrey

KEY INSIGHTS

I’m taking intentional consistent time to be present with myself when disempowering conversations show up in my head (when I get stuck). And when they come up, giving myself space to acknowledge, embrace, and remind myself of my true authentic powerful self. 

LEAVING BEHIND

I’m leaving behind toxic relationships that leave me feeling lost and weak. 

JeremyJeremy Myers and Kristina Fruge in the CCV office. Jeremy is giving a thumbs up and Kristina is smiling with a laptop in her arms.

KEY INSIGHTS

I live on inhales and exhales. Exhales are times of rest. Inhales are times of filling myself up with things that give me life. I’m pretty good at the exhales when I’m not busy working or managing life, but I want to get better at building inhales into my life. I want 2023 to include more intentional inhales and times of intentionally doing things that fill me up and bring me joy.

LEAVING BEHIND

I hope to leave behind outdated and harmful expectations of productivity, quality, and worth.

The CCV team along with Hannah Sackett out for lunch outside at two tables. Kristina

KEY INSIGHTS

This year taught me many things, but the simplest insight I’ve claimed is a clarity around my sense of call. What I know to be true is that I am called to the mediums of words and relationships. These are the things I’m best equipped to love the world with. And I’m eager to devote more attention to these two things in the year to come.

LEAVING BEHIND

I’m leaving behind unrealistic expectations about what can be accomplished in a day and guilt or worry about “not doing enough.” In leaving this behind, I hope to do more of what Annie Dillard says and “spend the day.” Show up for what the day brings and enjoy the present and the people I share it with!