DNP- FAMILY NURSE PRACTITIONER TRACK
START YOUR APPLICATION
Now accepting applications for our Fall, 2022 class!
To be considered for admission to the DNP – Family Nurse Practitioner track, students must have:
- An earned a baccalaureate degree in nursing (BSN or BAN), or a master’s degree in nursing from an accredited institution and a nationally accredited nursing program.
- A minimum GPA of 3.0 from their previous baccalaureate nursing program; a minimum GPA of 3.2 from a previous Master’s in Nursing program.
- Evidence of a current unencumbered license as a Registered Nurse. A MN license required.
- A minimum of three years active and current clinical practice as a Registered Nurse. (5 years preferred).
- Evidence of an undergraduate or graduate statistics course before enrolling in NUR520 – Research Methods in Nursing and NUR520P, the associated practicum.
- Satisfactory results of a certified federal criminal background check at the time of admission and annually thereafter; additional testing may be required for clinical placement, e.g. alcohol-drug testing, HIV testing, etc.
- Evidence of up to date immunizations per Department/University requirements
The Family Nurse Practitioner Priority Deadline is May 15. However, we will continue to review qualified applicants until the cohort is full.
- Completed online application.
- Professional Essay: Two page, double spaced essay written in APA format. (Preference is to exclude quotes). Shoulds should address the following: Explain why transcultural, holistic and integrative health education as a Doctorate of Nursing Practice-Family Nurse Practitioner is important in shaping the future of healthcare.Why do you want to be a primary care Family Nurse Practitioner
- (3) Professional Letters of Recommendation: Letters of recommendation from individuals that can give an assessment of your professional and/or academic abilities.
- Personal Interview with Augsburg Nursing Faculty: After the initial review of the application, your admissions counselor will notify you if you are invited to interview.
- Current Curriculum Vitae (Resume): A resume or curriculum vitae of education, work experience and professional association/publications
- Transcripts: Applicants must submit an official transcript(s) from each institution where a degree was earned, as well as from the most recently attended institution, if not the same.
- Military veterans are required to submit all official transcripts from previously attended institutions to qualify for military benefits.
- In the case where prerequisite requirements exist or transfer credits or waivers are sought, official transcripts are required from institutions at which the prerequisites or equivalents were completed.
- The Program Director may ask for additional transcripts if determined to be necessary.
International Transcripts: Augsburg requires an evaluation of credentials for any transcript(s) from an institution outside of the United States. The evaluation report should be sent directly to the program to which you are applying. Evaluations can be accepted from World Education Services or Educational Credential Evaluators.
Requesting Transcripts: You may request your official transcripts from your past institutes of higher learning and send them to Augsburg University by mail or electronic transfer.
Graduate Admissions Office, CB 65
2211 Riverside Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55454
By electronic transfer:
Augsburg University uses Scrip-Safe, Docufide/Parchment as official transfer services. If you wish to use a different transfer service, please call 612-330-1101 to check on the feasibility of other options.
Please send documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Practice/Clinical Hours (for those who have masters in nursing course work)
Documentation verifying the number of practice hours completed in an accredited graduate nursing program (a maximum of 400 practice hours may be transferred into the DNP-FNP track of study from a nationally accredited master’s in nursing program). Many transcripts list practice hours. If the university/college you attended does not record the practice hours on your transcript, a letter from your college or university department can be submitted upon acceptance to the program.
Items can be attached to the application or sent directly to email@example.com.