You can reach out to an admissions person for more information. For Minneapolis, you can contact Admissions at (612-330-1001 or firstname.lastname@example.org. For Rochester, you can contact Rochester Staff (507-288-2886) or email@example.com.
- How long will it take me to complete the program? Students can enroll full-time or part-time. Going part-time, you could finish 2-3 years. Going full-time, students can complete in as little as one year.
- What types of courses transfer? Courses must meet 3 criteria to transfer in: student received a “C-” or better in the course, courses are from a college that is accredited by North Central Association, and courses apply towards the liberal arts foundation or the Nursing major. Augsburg grants a block of transfer credit for all previous Nursing courses.
- Are you accredited? Augsburg is accredited by North Central Association and the nursing department is accredited by CCNE.
- How many credits do I need to graduate with a BSN degree? You need the equivalent of 128 semester credits to graduate.
- What is the maximum number of credits that can be transferred in from a community college? We now accept up to 96 credits from community colleges which includes up to 34 credit nursing block.
- What are some basic requirements of the degree program? We have a residency requirement of 32 credits. The minimum required courses as for BSN consists of 7 nursing core classes and 1 Search for Meaning class (32 credits).
- Is there an accelerated RN to MA in Nursing option? Yes, students can apply to the MA in Nursing while completing the BSN program. After admission to the MA in Nursing Program, BSN students can take three graduate courses to complete their undergraduate degree. These courses count toward electives for the BSN degree as well as toward the eight courses to complete a MA in Nursing.
- Do I have to take a statistics course? No
- Do I have to do any clinical time? Yes, clinical is part of NUR410/411 Community Health 1 & 2. Our faculty arrange the practicum hours through various opportunities available to you. Some options may include staying in your local area while other options, may take to areas away from the state or out of the country.
- Are their any travel opportunities? The Community Health course offers one to two week immersion options in Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota and others. Travel is optional, but recommended. We are the only adult program that offers this opportunity.
- When do the terms start? We start classes three times a year. Visit http://www.augsburg.edu/registrar for more information.
- What type of scholarships/discounts does Augsburg offer? Augsburg offers various scholarships such as the Business Partnership Grant, AmeriCorps, Phi Theta Kappa, and Military Discounts.
Graduates of the program are eligible to apply for a public health nurse registration certificate through the Minnesota State Board of Nursing.