APPLICATIONStart Your Application
Before You Apply
- Attend an Information Session – The best way to learn more about our program is to attend an information session or one of our off-campus sessions held at local restaurants and places-of-interest around the Twin Cities. View our list of upcoming events and register for an information session. Another option is to schedule a one-on-one appointment with an admissions counselor to address your questions and learn more about the program details, including cost, schedule and time commitment.
- Request Information – Tell us more about your interests by completing our BSN Interest form. We’ll e-mail you more information and invite you to upcoming information sessions. All events are scheduled for Central Standard Time, plan accordingly based on your time zone.
The online application opens September 1st of each year for Spring, Summer, and Fall of the following year with decisions on a rolling-basis. A completed application includes the online application form as well as all application materials (resume, personal statement, transcripts). Prospective students may submit an application while transcripts and recommendations are still pending, but the application will not be reviewed until all materials are received. Students may check the status of their application via their applicant portal.
Qualified applicants must have:
- Associates of Science in Nursing
- Registered MN Nurse license (must have evidence of a current unencumbered license)
- Cumulative GPA 2.5 or higher
- College Algebra completed within the last 5 years (placement assessment if needed)
- Students may be provisionally admitted to the Bachelor of Science in Nursing program at Augsburg with a cumulative GPA of less than 2.5 in their basic nursing program. Full admission to the program requires students to achieve a GPA of 3.00 or better in two liberal arts courses at Augsburg before being fully admitted to the BSN program.
- Students may apply to Augsburg prior to completion of their associate nursing degree program. However, all BSN program admission requirements must be met prior to matriculating into the BSN program at Augsburg.
All BSN applicants must complete and submit an admission file that includes:
- Completed online application form *no application fee
- Official transcripts from all college attended, including degree-granting, transfer credit, and post-graduate coursework *Degrees obtained at a university outside the U.S. will likely require a foreign credential evaluation. See details below under the transcripts heading.
- Active RN License (if passed NCLEX)
Applicants must submit an official transcript(s) from the regionally-accredited institution granting the Bachelor’s degree and the most recently attended institution, if not the same. Military veterans are required to submit all official transcripts from previously attended institutions to qualify for military benefits. In the case where prerequisite requirements exist or transfer credits or waivers are sought, official transcripts are required from institutions at which the prerequisites or equivalents were completed. The Program Director may ask for additional transcripts if determined to be necessary. If prompted by your institution to provide an e-mail address to which e-transcripts can be sent, please send to email@example.com. Transcripts sent via mail should be sent to: Graduate Admissions, 2211 Riverside Ave, Campus Box 65. Minneapolis, MN 55454.
International Transcript Evaluations
Augsburg requires an evaluation of credentials for any transcript(s) from an institution outside of the United States.
This evaluation should include the following:
- Analysis of credentials to determine if your degree is equivalent to an accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Course by course evaluation to show your complete course listing with credit values and grades received for each course.
- Calculation of grade point average to demonstrate your cumulative grade point average using the standard U.S. grading system, i.e., A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0.0.
- Translation to English (if applicable)
Evaluations can be accepted from World Education Services, SpanTran Pathways – Augsburg University, Educational Credential Evaluators, or any NACES accredited organization. Learn more about NACES and find a list of accredited evaluators at NACES.org
United States Transcripts
If you attended university in the United States, you will need to submit an official transcript from each college/university you attended. If prompted by your institution to provide an e-mail address to which e-transcripts can be sent, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Transcripts sent via mail should be sent to: Graduate Admissions, 2211 Riverside Ave, Campus Box 65. Minneapolis, MN 55454. Most commonly utilized services are Parchment or National Clearinghouse. It is recommended to check your former institutions website for the direct link.
Send application materials to
Graduate Admissions Office, CB 65
2211 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454