The in-person commencement ceremony requires regalia:
- Undergraduate graduates need a gown, cap, and tassel. Place your order through the Augsburg University bookstore webpage.
- Master’s degree graduates need a gown, cap, hood, and tassel. Place your order through the Augsburg University bookstore webpage.
- Doctorate degree graduates need a gown, hood, and tam (with its included tassel). Place your order by contacting the Augsburg University bookstore at SM592@bncollege.com or call 612-359-6491.
The last day to order your regalia through the Augsburg University bookstore webpage and be shipped to you in time is Thursday, April 7, 2022. Orders placed after this date may incur additional fees and may not arrive on time. You may also visit the Augsburg University bookstore (610 22nd Avenue South, Minneapolis, MN 55454) to place an order.
Graduates also have the option to visit the Augsburg University bookstore for the annual Grad Fair on March 22 from 10 a.m.-2 p.m. CT. Our regalia vendor, Herff Jones, will be on-site to assist with purchasing the items you need.
Master’s degree graduates – If you order the bundle (cap, gown, tassel, hood) your colored degree tassel will be included based on what area of study you choose. If you are only looking to purchase the tassel you will have to do that in the bookstore. They are currently working on a bulk order that will be in stock in the bookstore sometime in the month of March. Unfortunately, master tassels cannot be ordered individually from the ordering site, unless you order the bundle.
Graduates should wear their commencement regalia in a consistent manner:
- Gowns are worn closed.
- Caps are worn with the mortarboard flat and parallel to the floor. Tassels are worn to the right throughout the ceremony until graduates are instructed by the provost to move them to the left side.
- Honor Cords and other program stoles are worn around the neck.
If you have questions about ordering any commencement regalia, please contact the bookstore by emailing SM592@bncollege.com or calling 612-359-6491.