Updated: May 12, 2021
All graduates, guests, faculty, staff members, and team members attending Augsburg University’s in-person Commencement exercises will be required to pass through a security screening prior to entering U.S. Bank Stadium.
The security screening will open at 4:30 p.m. for graduates and 5 p.m. for guests. It will take place only at the Legacy Gates on the west end of U.S. Bank Stadium.
Please allow adequate time to locate parking, pass through security, and navigate to your seat when coming to Commencement. Please also carefully review the following list of allowed and prohibited items to ensure a fast and easy security clearance process.
Guests are welcome to carry the following items into U.S. Bank Stadium:
- Still-photography cameras with a lens that is 6″ or less in length
- Hand-carried jackets or blankets that will be searched upon entry
- Bouquets of flowers
The following items are NOT permitted to be carried into U.S. Bank Stadium:
- Any bag larger than 12″ x 6″ x 12″
- Hard sided containers or coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, computer bags, camera bags, and seat cushions*
- Glass, cans, aluminum bottles or thermoses of any kind*
- Laser pens/pointers
- Video cameras or mono/tripods (no spectator cameras with lenses over 6″ long will be permitted)
- Laptop computers
- Firearms, knives, or weapons of any kind
- Illegal drugs or substances
- Alcoholic beverages
- Signs, banners, or flags on poles, staffs or selfie sticks
- Large signs that would restrict sightlines for others in the arena
- Animals (except service animals to aid persons with disabilities)
- Air horns, whistles, cowbells, or other distracting noisemakers
- Any devices that may interfere with and/or distract any sports or event participant, other guests, audio or audio/visual telecast or recording of the game or event, or any technology-related service provided in the stadium
- Projectiles (ie., Frisbees, beach balls, footballs, etc.)
- Aerosol cans (ie., mace, pepper spray, hairspray, etc.)
- Fireworks, confetti, or glitter
- Obscene or indecent clothing
- Use of wheeled footwear, skateboards and hover boards, and Segways*
- Outside food and beverage*
*Exceptions will be made for those with medical requirements and/or special needs.
**Small umbrellas that can be folded and placed under the seat will be permitted.
For additional details, please visit the U.S. Bank Stadium Website Prohibited Items List.