The certificate program is another attractive option for people who want to develop their leadership skills without undertaking a full degree program. A certificate is awarded after completion of three Augsburg MAL courses in leadership. Students pursuing this option take ML 505 – Foundations of Leadership and two additional electives. All three courses may count toward an MA in Leadership. No more than one course may be double counted in another Augsburg graduate degree program. Students who previously completed the Augsburg MBA degree are exempted from ML 505. Applicants to the certificate program follow the same admission process as those seeking the Master of Arts degree.
- ML512: Leadership in the Community
- ML520: Self-Identity and Values: Keys to Authentic Leadership
- ML548: Coaching and Consulting
- ML560: Cultural Competence and Effective Leadership
- ML565: Women and Leadership
- ML577: Universal Responsibility: A Central American Perspective
*View more elective choices here. Students should meet with the program director to develop a plan for selecting the appropriate leadership elective courses. The standard application process is used for students who wish to pursue the certificate. Certificate programs are not eligible for federal student aid.