Augsburg University Master of Arts in Nursing encourages qualified applicants from other countries to apply to our graduate programs. An F-1 student is a nonimmigrant who is pursuing a “full course of study” to achieve a specific educational or professional objective, at an academic institution in the United States that has been designated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) to offer courses of study to such students, and has been enrolled in SEVIS (the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System).Start Your Application
Qualified applicants must have:
- Registered Nurse license (must have evidence of a current unencumbered license in the State of Minnesota)
- Bachelor’s degree in nursing
- or an Associate’s degree in nursing in addition to a bachelor’s degree in another discipline.
- The cumulative GPA requirement for all college coursework is 3.0.
Complete the online application (see above) for the term in which you would like to begin the program. The application fee is waived for those who apply online.
Submit a 2 page double space, typed statement describing professional and education goals. The essay can be uploaded with the application or emailed as an attachment to email@example.com. Please note you can submit the application prior to completing your essay.
A current resume of your work experience
International Transcript Evaluations
Augsburg requires an evaluation of credentials for any transcript(s) from an institution outside of the United States.
This evaluation should include the following:
- Analysis of credentials to determine if your degree is equivalent to an accredited U.S. bachelor’s degree.
- Course by course evaluation to show your complete course listing with credit values and grades received for each course.
- Calculation of grade point average to demonstrate your cumulative grade point average using the standard U.S. grading system, i.e., A=4.0, B=3.0, C=2.0, D=1.0, F=0.0.
- Translation to English (if applicable)
United States Transcripts
If you attended university in the United States, you will need to submit an official transcript from each college/university you attended. If prompted by your institution to provide an e-mail address to which e-transcripts can be sent, please send to firstname.lastname@example.org. Transcripts sent via mail should be sent to: Graduate Admissions, 2211 Riverside Ave, Campus Box 65. Minneapolis, MN 55454.
ENGLISH LANGUAGE PROFICIENCY
To meet Augsburg admission requirements, applicants must provide evidence of a sufficient command of both written and spoken English to study college courses conducted entirely in English. The following is a list of the tests and programs Augsburg accepts as evidence for English proficiency.
- TOEFL: Minimum score of 80 on the Internet Based TOEFL (iBT) with a sub score of 20 on the written and 20 on the speaking sections.
- IELTS: Minimum score of score report of 6.5.
- MELAB: Minimum score of 80, and score report must be accompanied by an official letter from the testing coordinator.
Successful completion of a previous undergraduate or graduate degree at an accredited college or university in the US, the United Kingdom, Ireland, English-speaking Canada, New Zealand or Australia.
Two letters of reference from individuals that can give an assessment of your professional and/or academic abilities. When applying online, you will be asked to provide the names and email addresses of three recommenders. Our online application system will then send an email to each recommender with instructions on how to submit a recommendation. Recommenders upload a letter in support of the applicant. Recommenders do have the option to email the letter of recommendation directly to email@example.com.