Housing Expo 2020: February 10-14, 2020
Housing Expo is the opportunity to decide where and with whom you want to live for the following academic year. Before Expo, students receive a selection number based on the number of credits they have, so the more completed credits you have, the higher your selection number. At Housing Expo, you and your roommates add up your selection numbers and that total number determines what day you can come and choose your housing.
- Bring your student ID
- Bring a digital or printed copy of the email you will be receiving from Residence Life, which will contain your housing selection number and also indicates your allotted time slot for attending the Housing Expo. This email is sent at the end of January 2020.
- Complete the online contract. If you have not completed an online contract, your space can not be reserved.
Housing Expo Week Schedule
Date and Time—————————————————— Selection # group total
Monday Feb. 10th 1PM – 4PM———————————–Designated Pre-Signers: Staff, Neighborhoods
Tuesday Feb. 11th 1PM – 4PM ———————————-Lock-It-In Confirmation
Wednesday Feb. 12th 1PM – 2:00 PM————————-Single Room Sign Up for Luther Studios, Anderson Suites, Mort 1/1s
Wednesday Feb. 12th 2:30 – 4:00 PM ————————Single Room Sign Up for Mort 2/2s, Luther 4/4s
Thursday Feb. 13th 1PM – 2PM———————————Selection Number totals between 18,000-36,000
Thursday Feb. 13th 2PM – 3PM——————————– Selection Number totals between 10,000-17,999
Thursday Feb. 13th 3PM – 4PM——————————– Selection Number totals between 2,000-9,999
Friday Feb. 14th 1PM – 4PM———————————— Confirmation Day – Come ask any follow up questions
Residents will pay the same cost of their first year in Urness on the 15 Plus meal plan if they choose one of the following housing configurations. The Repeat Rate program rates are based on a student’s first year financial aid package for an Urness double and 15 plus meal plan.
Current First Years / Rising Sophomores:
- Anderson floorhouse double and 5 Plus Meal Plan (sign up through the Anderson Neighborhood Program)
- Anderson townhouse double and 5 Plus Meal Plan (sign up through the Anderson Neighborhood Program)
- Mortensen 2 bedroom/4 person apartment and 5 Plus Meal Plan (sign up through Lock It In)
Rising Juniors and Seniors:
- Luther 2 bedroom/3 person apartment with no meal plan (sign up through Lock It In)
- Luther 2 bedroom / 4 person apartment with no meal plan (sign up through Lock It In)
Before Expo: Want additional expo points?
Beginning in January 2019, attend Residence Life events this spring semester up until Expo week and you could win 1000 extra Housing Expo points! These will be added to your selection number and increase your housing options. Check out the Residence Life Events calendar and talk to your RA for dates and times!
Before Expo: Lock-It-In Starts december 16, 2019
Residents have the opportunity to secure an apartment for the academic year of 2020-2021 before Housing Expo with Lock It In. Lock-It-In is a special offer for apartments in Anderson, Mortensen, and Luther.
In order to Lock-It-In you must:
- Submit the Lock It In Survey by February 10, 2020 at 8:00 am. This survey will be active on 12/16/19 at 12 PM.
- Be currently enrolled at Augsburg University
- Be registered for 2020 spring semester classes
- Have all the beds full and all contracts signed for the apartment by the first day of Housing Expo 2/03/19
- Only one roommate needs to complete the survey
Apartments are offered in the following configurations:
2 bedroom 4 person *REPEAT RATE RISING JUNIORS AND SENIORS*
2 bedroom 3 person *REPEAT RATE RISING JUNIORS AND SENIORS*
2 bedroom 4 person.
2 bedroom 4 person – doubles *REPEAT RATE RISING SOPHOMORES*
1 bedroom 2 person – doubles
2 bedroom 3 person – doubles and single
All unsecured apartments will be included in the Housing Expo: February 10th-14th
before expo: Anderson Neighborhoods
An Anderson neighborhood is a group of 8 or 14 people who want to live together in a townhouse or floorhouse, respectively. Roommates get together based on student groups, areas of study, activities, or friend groups! If you are interested in living in a neighborhood, contact RHD Helen Gutierrez at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Interested in a single room?
Residence Life wants to give you the opportunity to express interest in a single room for the 2020-2021 academic year.
Please fill out the Single Room Interest Survey to receive updates about single room inventory. Single rooms will be available on the third day of Housing Expo Feb 12. Your likelihood of getting a single room is based on selection number, so look out for Residence Life events that offer ways to boost your number!
Singles rooms are:
Luther 2B/3P S (Eligible NOW through Lock It In)
Mortensen 2B/3P S (Eligible NOW through Lock It In)
Anderson Floorhouse Single (Eligible NOW through Neighborhoods)
Can’t attend the Expo?
Use power of attorney. Let’s get you signed up!
If you are unable to attend the Housing Expo to choose where and with whom you’re going to live, here’s how you can have a friend help:
- Select a friend that you trust.
- Outline the spaces you are seeking and indicate the time they need to attend for you.
- Send your selection number email to the individual you have selected to be power of attorney.
- Locate and sign the online contract, noting the meal plan you are interested in purchasing for the next year.
- Your space will not be reserved if you have not completed the contract survey beforehand.
- Fill out the Power of Attorney Form and give to your friend stating they can sign for you at Housing Expo activities.
Here is the Power of Attorney Form Link.
Notes for the person acting as power of attorney
- Attend the Housing Expo at the time conveyed.
- Make sure you know all your friend’s options and interests.
- Bring the selection email and power of attorney confirmation form of the person you are representing to the required Housing Expo activity.
- The person you are representing must have already completed an online contract!
- Sign up for their housing.
For questions contact your Residence Hall Director individually or at email@example.com or 612-330-1526.