Meet Our Newest TPL Alum, Matt Svestka

Matt SvestkaMeet Matt Svestka, class of 2020

Matt came to Augsburg with the goal of completing a degree in youth ministry and four years later that’s exactly what he’s taking with him. But in truth, he says it is so much more than that.

Matt says about his experience that he is leaving with a diverse experience of people, both through class and through various interactions on campus. Matt graduated with honors and is a fine arts scholar. He says, “I’m leaving with knowledge gifted to me from some incredible professors. These past four years I have been impacted by people who have truly seen the best in me, and a God who knows my capabilities to be a leader in this new and strange world. Even though this is not the end of my education, what I have learned here has been key in my development as a minister.” #WeAreCalled

Matt says that Augsburg is an established community of grace and an understanding of vocation that allows me to shape and create my own. “This is an opportunity that only this small little private school in the Cedar-Riverside community could give me.”

We are so proud of Matt and look forward to celebrating him as an Auggie Alumni! #auggiepride

Learn more about our degree in Theology and Public Leadership.

Learn more about our new BA/ MDiv Public Church Scholars program.