Explore Vocation while Working with a Community-oriented faith-Based nonprofit or congregation
Current Augsburg Students:
- Looking for a meaningful work experience for spring semester 2020?
- Are you curious about how you are called to serve your neighbors?
- Wondering about how your talents, skills, preferences, and passions can inform your career decision making?
- Do you have initiative and want to spend time learning and intentionally reflecting on experiences with others?
If yes to all of these, we invite you to apply to be a Christensen Vocation Intern.
KEY ELEMENTS OF THE CHRISTENSEN VOCATION INTERNSHIP PROGRAM INCLUDE:
- Paid Internship at a faith-based nonprofit or community-oriented congregation
- Gain relevant work experience and mentoring
- Reflect on experiences and assessments with a cohort of your peers
- Duration: 8-10 hours/week, PAID internship for up to 100 hours during Spring 2020 semester
- Current students from all majors and faith backgrounds are welcome to apply. Each site’s job description can be somewhat customized to the intern’s education and goals.
Potential Engagement/Focus Areas:
- Community organizing
- Youth and young adults
- Assisting people experiencing homelessness
- Interfaith dialogue and learning
- Environmental justice
- Anti-racism training/work
- Multi-media Storytelling
- Public art
- Community meal
Apply through Handshake, Augsburg’s student employment platform.
Questions about the application platform? Ask the Strommen Center for Meaningful Work, firstname.lastname@example.org
Questions about the application process or positions? Ask the Christensen Center for Vocation, email@example.com or 612-330-1403
NOTE: Priority application deadline is November 13. Then applications will be accepted on rolling basis as the positions are still available.
The Christensen Vocation Interns will be selected based on initiative and strong interest in exploring vocational discernment with a faith-based organization partner site, as well as the potential match with the available partner sites’ engagement opportunities and needs.