Road Closure Notice from City of Minneapolis

From the City of Minneapolis:

There are several major road closures that will affect traffic this weekend. Here is information that you need to be aware of so you can plan and give yourself extra time to get safely to your destination if you are traveling in Minneapolis.

I-35W South in Minneapolis 

Southbound I-35W from Highway 280 in Roseville to 4th Street SE in Minneapolis will close Friday, Oct. 3 at 10 p.m. through 5 a.m. Monday, Oct. 6, weather permitting.

Southbound I-35W traffic will be detoured to southbound Highway 280 and westbound I-94. Access to eastbound Highway 36 from southbound I-35W will remain open. Motorists also will be able to access southbound I-35W from 4th Street SE/University Avenue.  Motorists intending to access southbound I-35W from westbound Highway 36 will be detoured to southbound Highway 280 and westbound I-94.

Eastbound I-394 in downtown Minneapolis

Eastbound I-394 will close at 12th Street North beginning Saturday, Oct. 4 at 6:30 p.m. through 6 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 5.

Eastbound I-394 traffic will be detoured to the 12th Avenue North exit, eastbound Hawthorne Avenue, eastbound First Avenue and northbound Washington Avenue. Crews also will close the westbound I-394 entrance ramps from Washington Avenue/Third Avenue North and Third Street North Oct. 4 at 6:30 p.m. The ramps will reopen by 8 a.m. Sunday, Oct. 5.

Motorists intending to access westbound I-394 from the Washington Avenue/Third Avenue North ramp will be detoured to southbound Washington Avenue, westbound First Avenue, westbound Hawthorne Avenue and westbound Linden Avenue. Motorists intending to access westbound I-394 from Third Street North will following the same detour beginning at westbound First Avenue.

Twin Cities Marathon

Due to the Twin Cities 10 Mile and Marathon on Sunday, Oct.  5 several Downtown streets and most parkways within Minneapolis (https://www.tcmevents.org/) will be closed between 6 a.m. and 2 p.m.

The marathon starts at 6th Street South between Park and Portland Avenues and the TC 10 Mile starts at Third Street South and Portland Avenue. Roads will reopen once the runners have moved on. Please see the marathon website for more information.