What is adult undergraduate
The Adult Undergraduate (AU) program is a degree completion program for post-traditional students. Applicants are required to meet the following requirements for admission consideration for any Adult Undergraduate program:
- Have a minimum of 12 transferable credits and
- Are applying to one of the 11 eligible Adult Undergraduate majors and
- Students must meet one of the following requirements:
- Majoring in English as a Second Language, B.A.; Special Education: ABS B.A., or RN to BSN, B.S. with 60 or more transferable credits
- Have 3+ years full-time work experience since high school graduation
- Have 3+ years of significant family care commitment since high school graduation
- Have 3+ years of a mix of non-full time college enrollment, work, family etc. since high school graduation
- Have military service since high school graduation
- 24 years or older at the date of matriculation
AU students may not be eligible for day undergraduate co-curricular activities, intercollegiate athletics, and residence life (on campus housing) without permission from the Dean of Students and or Dean of Professional Studies. Students enrolled in either the Auggie Plan or College Transfer Pathways are encouraged to consult with their Augsburg University advisor when considering the Adult Undergraduate program.
- Students must meet qualifications listed above
- Submit a 200-word essay summarizing your educational goals and why you are choosing Augsburg University
- Have official transcripts sent to the Augsburg Admissions Office from every college, technical school, and university you have attended
- Request an official high school transcript or GED score if you have completed less than one full year of transferable coursework (24 or more credits)
Transcripts may be sent to:
Augsburg University Admissions
Campus Box #143
2211 Riverside Ave.
Minneapolis, MN 55454
By electronic transfer:
Augsburg University uses Scrip-Safe, Docufide/Parchment as official transfer services. Please send documents to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dates and Deadlines
Early Priority: Applications completed* by the early priority deadline will be able to register for classes when registration opens in April, and will have optimal course selection.
Priority: Applications completed* by the priority deadline who also have their FAFSA or MN Dream Act application submitted will have financial aid awards in place prior to the start of the term.
Final: Applications completed* by the final deadline will be able to register for courses prior to the start of the term. (Course selection may be limited and financial aid awards may not be complete by the start of classes).
Priority Application Deadline: November 2, 2020
Final Application Deadline: December 15, 2020
First Day of Class: January 11, 2021
Priority Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
Final Application Deadline: May 1, 2021
First Day of Class: May 10, 2021
Early Priority Application Deadline: March 15, 2021
Priority Application Deadline: July 1, 2021
Final Application Deadline: August 14, 2021
First Day of Class: September 1, 2021