Every year at Commencement, one graduating senior receives the Marina Christensen Justice Award for demonstrated dedication to community and working in solidarity with marginalized people. This award recognizes work that is in keeping with the personal and professional life of Marina Christensen Justice.
Nominations are submitted in the spring with nominations for other Augsburg Leadership Awards, and are judged on the following criteria:
- The depth and breadth of community involvement
- A strong commitment to addressing the systemic roots of the issues
- A personal and professional commitment to work with marginalized communities
- Bold and courageous leadership
- Authentic and sustained engagement with community and issues.