To become enrolled in the StepUP Program, prospective students must apply to both Augsburg University and the StepUP Program
StepUP Program Requirements
The StepUP Program seeks prospective students that are dedicated to recovery and academics and meet the following qualifications:
- A commitment to sobriety as evidenced by working a healthy recovery program and having at least 6 months of continuous sobriety
- Agreement to abide by the StepUP Student Agreement while enrolled in the StepUP Program
- Age typically between 17 and 26 and have at least 6 months of recovery prior to moving into Oren Gateway Center
Augsburg University Admissions
Selection of students for Augsburg University is based upon careful consideration of each candidate’s academic achievement, personal qualities and interests, participation in activities and employment, and potential for development as a student and as a graduate of Augsburg University. The University selects students on individual merit without regard to race, creed, disability, national or ethnic origin, gender, sexual or affectional orientation, or age. For information about Augsburg University admissions, please contact the Assistant Director of StepUP Admissions, Kimberly Boulden.
Contact: Kimberly Boulden
Office Location: Christensen Center Lower Level Admissions Suite
HOW TO APPLY
In addition to submitting an application to Augsburg University online, prospective students must submit the materials listed below.
StepUP Application Checklist:
- Currently applying to Augsburg University or currently enrolled student at Augsburg University
- Complete the StepUP Application Form
- Two (2) letters of recommendation from your most recent treatment or halfway house counselor, therapist, or any person intimately familiar with your recovery program, outlining the recommended continuing care plan – please see the Recommendation Form below
- Request a discharge summary from your most recent treatment program or after-care program, if applicable. Many institutions can quickly fax over any records you need.
- Once your StepUp Application, letters of recommendation forms, and discharge summary have been submitted to the StepUP office, schedule an in-person screening interview with a StepUP counselor.
Before you submit your application, please review the program requirements, and read the Frequently Asked Questions.
- StepUP Application PDF
- Recommendation PDF Form (2 needed)
- Student Agreement PDF Form – Completed at StepUP Orientation. (You do not need to send this to us now, but please review it.)
The StepUP Application form, recommendation forms, and discharge summary may be submitted via fax, email (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail, or in person.
Office Location: Oren Gateway Center 204
Mailing Address: Campus Box 82
2211 Riverside Avenue
Minneapolis, MN 55454
St. Thomas Students:
Please click here to apply
If you have general questions about the process, please contact us at (612)-330-1405 or email@example.com.