The 2018-2019 CASPA application cycle is currently open!
Our two-step process:
Admission to any PA program is a highly competitive process. Augsburg PA Program has a two-step application process. Both components (enumerated below) will open by May 1. To be considered for admission to the program, you must:
1) Apply through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA). The Augsburg PA Program participates in the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA), which is sponsored by the Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA). All applications to the Augsburg PA Program MUST be processed through CASPA, following all guidelines and regulations set forth by the application service.
2) Apply to the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program at Augsburg University via the Supplemental Application*. Make sure to select the PA supplemental application, NOT the graduate admissions application. You will need to enter your CASPA ID into the Augsburg supplemental application.
Start the supplemental application by creating an account:
Any questions or problems with the Supplemental Application, contact the Graduate Admissions Office: 612-330-1101
*You will not be considered for admission without completing both CASPA and the Augsburg Supplemental Application.
Deadlines and minimum criteria:
For the 2017-2018 cycle, your CASPA application is due AUGUST 1, 2018 and your Augsburg supplemental application is due AUGUST 1, 2018. Your file will be reviewed by the Admission Committee if you have:
1) A minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (as officially calculated by CASPA),
2) A minimum science GPA of 3.0 (as officially calculated by CASPA),
3) Completed or will complete your undergraduate degree prior to the start date of the program,
4) Completed or will complete your prerequisite courses within the timeline specific to your undergraduate degree status, and
5) Submitted payment to CASPA and to Augsburg University.
A complete supplemental application includes the electronic application (general questions and essays) PLUS a non-refundable supplemental application fee in the amount of $50.00. You will be redirected to the payment portal immediately following the electronic submission of your application. Check your email inbox for a confirmation that your supplemental application has been received, as well as a receipt of your payment. Supplemental applications and fees received after August 1, 2018 will not be considered.
Letters of Recommendation:
- The Augsburg PA Program requires three letters of recommendation submitted through the CASPA process. We strongly recommend that one be from an employer/colleague (a professional reference), one letter be from a professor or adviser (an academic reference), and the third from a person of your choice.
CASPA ‘complete date’:
- We use the CASPA “Complete Date” to determine if you have met the application deadline of August 1. The “Complete Date” on your application must be August 1 or prior in order to be considered meeting the deadline. CASPA assigns a “Complete Date’ when they have received your electronic application, transcripts from all schools attended, 2 of your 3 letters of reference, and payment. Until those criteria are met, your application will not be given a “Complete Date.”
- Your GPA (cumulative and science) is set at the time of your CASPA submission. The Augsburg PA Program will not recalculate GPAs as additional course work is completed post-CASPA submission. We will request grade reports for your prerequisite courses and add them to your file as they are completed, but your official GPA, as calculated by CASPA, will be the GPA of record for your application.
Advanced Placement Courses:
The Augsburg PA Program does NOT accept advanced placement (AP credit) in place of required prerequisite courses. We also do not offer AP credit for any of the courses in the PA curriculum. All students admitted to the program must complete the entire curriculum.
Experiential Learning Policy:
The Augsburg PA Program does not award academic credit to an individual for experiential learning. Applicants desiring admission must satisfactorily complete all prerequisite courses. Experiential learning will be considered separately from prerequisite courses. Experiential learning prior to and during admittance to the Augsburg PA Program will not substitute for any part of the clinical year or clinical preceptorship.