The 2016-2017 application cycle is now open:
Our two-step process:
Admission to any physician assistant program is a highly competitive process. Augsburg College’s graduate program in Physician Assistant Studies receives hundreds of applications every year for each entering class.
The Augsburg Physician Assistant Studies Program has a two-step application process. To be considered for admission to the program, you must:
1) apply through the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA).
2) apply to the Master of Science in Physician Assistant Studies Program at Augsburg College via a supplemental application.
The Augsburg Physician Assistant Studies Program participates in the Centralized Application Service for Physician Assistants (CASPA), which is sponsored by the Physician Assistant Education Association (PAEA). All applications to the Augsburg Physician Assistant Studies Program MUST be processed through CASPA, following all guidelines and regulations set forth by the application service.
Deadlines and minimum criteria:
Your CASPA application is due AUGUST 1, 2016 and your Augsburg supplemental application is due AUGUST 1, 2016. Your file will be reviewed by the admission committee if:
1) you have a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.0 (as officially calculated by CASPA),
2) you have a minimum science GPA of 3.0 (as officially calculated by CASPA),
3) you have completed or will complete your undergraduate degree prior to the start date of the program,
4) you have completed or will complete your prerequisite courses within the timeline specific to your undergraduate degree status, and
5) you have submitted payment to CASPA and to Augsburg College.
A complete supplemental application includes the electronic application (general questions and essays) PLUS a non-refundable supplemental application fee in the amount of $50.00. You will be redirected to the payment portal immediately following the electronic submission of your application. Check your email inbox for a confirmation that your supplemental application has been received, as well as a receipt of your payment. Supplemental applications and fees received after August 1, 2016 will not be considered.
Additional Application Details:
- The Augsburg PA Program requires three letters of recommendation submitted through the CASPA process. We strongly recommend that one be from an employer/colleague (a professional reference), we strongly recommend that one letter be from a professor or adviser (an academic reference), and the third letter can be from a person of your choice. Be sure that your letter writers are able to tell the committee about you as well as his/her experiences with you and observations about you.
- Your Supplemental Application must be submitted electronically on or before August 1 in order to be considered.
- We use the CASPA “Complete Date” to determine if you have met the application deadline of August 1. The “Complete Date” on your application must be August 1 or prior in order to be considered meeting the deadline. CASPA assigns a “Complete Date’ when they have received your electronic application, transcripts from all schools attended, 2 of your 3 letters of reference, and payment. Until those criteria are met, your application will not be given a “Complete Date.”
- Your GPA (cumulative and science) is set at the time of your CASPA submission. The Augsburg PA Program will not recalculate GPAs as additional course work is completed post CASPA submission. We will request grade reports for your prerequisite courses and add them to your file as they are completed, but your official GPA, as calculated by CASPA, will be the GPA of record for your application.