Summer Bridge is a great way to begin your Auggie experience! As a Summer Bridge participant you:
- Complete two Augsburg courses in a very supportive learning environment for credit that counts toward graduation requirements
- Live on campus in the residence hall
- Learn and develop valuable study skills that will be useful throughout college
- Participate in academic seminars, workshops, and other on-and off-campus activities designed to familiarize students with Augsburg and their new Minneapolis environment
- Begin college with a great group of peers
There are no out of pocket costs for Summer Bridge. The Summer Bridge Promise Grant and additional financial aid will be awarded to those who qualify. TRIO/SSS and Augsburg pay additional Summer Bridge program costs.
Previous participation in a college readiness program (TRIO/Upward Bound, TRIO/Talent Search, AVID, College Possible, etc.) is not a requirement to apply for or participate in Summer Bridge.
The application process for TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge is:
- Be admitted to Augsburg University and intend to enroll fall 2019
- Complete an Augsburg TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge application (this will be emailed to all eligible students admitted to Augsburg for fall 2019 enrollment)
- Please note: before your application can be reviewed for the TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge program, you must print, complete, sign and return the TRIO Taxable Income Form. If you were required to report your parents’/guardians’ income information on the FAFSA, they will need to sign the form.
- Complete both the 2019-2020 AND 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
The 2019 Summer Bridge application will be due on Friday, March 29 at 12:00 pm, CST. There will be no exceptions and no extensions to this deadline.
Students will be notified of their summer program admission status during the week of April 14.
Additional information about Summer Bridge is sent once students are admitted to the program.
Admission to Summer Bridge and TRIO/SSS is not automatic. Completed applications will be evaluated for eligibility student’s commitment to their own college success, and student’s commitment to fulfill the TRIO/SSS program requirements. If admitted, you will be contacted about the next steps to begin your involvement with TRIO/SSS.
If you have previously taken a college-level public speaking course for college credit, the Summer Bridge program may not be the most advantageous program for you. You may not earn college credit twice for the same course taken twice.