Updated information (February 20, 2024):
The application for Summer Bridge 2024 is available! Eligible students who have been admitted to the University will receive a link to apply to Summer Bridge in their Admissions Portal (To-do List) once the application is online. All completed applications will be reviewed and all applicants will be notified of their admission status in April 2024 at the email address on file at the time of application. We hope to start notifying all applicants of their admission status during the week of April 14, 2024.
Additional information about Summer Bridge will be sent to those students who are offered a spot in the summer program. Summer Bridge admits are also automatically admitted to the school year portion of TRIO/SSS, there is no separate application.
Admission to Summer Bridge and TRIO/SSS is not automatic. Completed applications will be evaluated for eligibility student’s commitment to their own college success, and student’s commitment to fulfill the TRIO/SSS program requirements. If admitted, you will be contacted about the next steps to begin your involvement with TRIO/SSS.
If you are currently taking or have previously taken a college-level (introduction to) public speaking course, equivalent to Augsburg’s COM 111: Public Speaking course, and received or will receive college credit for the course, the Summer Bridge program is not an advantageous program for you and you should not apply for Summer Bridge! You may not earn college credit twice for the same course taken twice.
Summer Bridge is a great way to begin your Auggie experience! As a Summer Bridge participant you:
- Complete two Augsburg courses in a very supportive learning environment for credit that counts toward graduation requirements
- Live on campus in the residence hall*
- Learn and develop valuable study skills that will be useful throughout college
- Participate in academic seminars, workshops, and other on- and off-campus activities designed to familiarize students with Augsburg and their new Minneapolis environment*
- Begin college with a great group of peers
*Participation in campus life (e.g. face-to-face learning, on- and off-campus social activities, living in the residence hall) will be done in accordance with COVID-19 guidelines established by the Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) and Augsburg University.
There are no out of pocket costs for Summer Bridge and students must submit a 2023-24 FAFSA. The Summer Bridge Promise Grant and additional financial aid will be awarded to those who qualify. TRIO/SSS and Augsburg pay additional Summer Bridge program costs.
Previous participation in a college readiness program (TRIO/Upward Bound, TRIO/Talent Search, AVID, College Possible, etc.) is not a requirement to apply for or participate in Summer Bridge.
The application process for TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge is:
- Be admitted to Augsburg University and intend to enroll fall 2024.
- After admission to the University, eligible Summer Bridge applicants will receive a link (via their email address on file with the University) to the Augsburg TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge application. The application link will be sent to students starting in January 2024.
- Students will complete and submit the program application online. The application includes several multiple choice questions that we encourage students to think about and answer honestly before submitting their application. Applications are due Friday, March 15, 1:00 pm CDT. PLEASE NOTE: It’s recommended you save often. If the application times out or you close the application you will have to restart at the place you last saved. We encourage you to spend time working on the essay questions beforehand to make the application process easier for you.
- In addition to the FAFSA (see below), students will complete a TRIO Taxable Income Form. The TRIO Taxable Income Form (fillable PDF) must be done using information from your completed 2023 federal income taxes.
- Complete both the 2024-25 AND 2023-24 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You will need Federal IRS tax information from 2022 to complete the 2024-25 FAFSA, which is also needed to verify your income eligibility for program services.
- You will need Federal IRS tax information from 2021 to complete the 2023-24 FAFSA.
Note: You may need to download and install a free copy of Adobe Reader and its instructions to fill out, initial, and sign the PDF documents.
Augsburg University is now “test optional,” meaning your ACT scores are not required for University admission. However, your ACT scores may be needed for TRIO/SSS to determine whether you qualify for our program. If you indicated “Test Optional” on your Augsburg application and took the ACT, please send Admissions your ACT scores. Submitting your ACT scores will not impact any other scholarships or decisions related to your Augsburg admission. You can request your scores directly from the ACT website, or have your high school send scores to Admissions. Scores may also be emailed to email@example.com .