Summer Bridge is a great way to begin your Auggie experience! As a Summer Bridge participant you:
- Complete two Augsburg courses in a very supportive learning environment for credit that counts toward graduation requirements
- Live on campus in the residence hall
- Learn and develop valuable study skills that will be useful throughout college
- Participate in academic seminars, workshops, and other on-and off-campus activities designed to familiarize students with Augsburg and their new Minneapolis environment
- Begin college with a great group of peers
There are no out of pocket costs for Summer Bridge. The Summer Bridge Promise Grant and additional financial aid will be awarded to those who qualify. TRIO/SSS and Augsburg pay additional Summer Bridge program costs.
Previous participation in a college readiness program (TRIO/Upward Bound, TRIO/Talent Search, AVID, College Possible, etc.) is not a requirement to apply for or participate in Summer Bridge.
The application process for TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge is:
- Be admitted to Augsburg University and intend to enroll fall 2019
- Complete an Augsburg TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge application
- Complete both the 2019-2020 AND 2018-2019 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- You will need Federal IRS tax information from 2017 to complete the 2019-2020 FAFSA, which is also needed to verify your income eligibility for program services
- You will need Federal IRS tax information from 2016 to complete the 2018-2019 FAFSA
Augsburg University is now “test optional,” meaning your ACT scores are not required for University admission. However, your ACT scores are needed for TRIO/SSS to determine whether you qualify for our program. If you indicated “Test Optional” on your Augsburg application, please send Admissions your ACT scores. Submitting your ACT scores will not impact any other scholarships or decisions related to your Augsburg admission. You can request your scores directly from the ACT website, or have your high school send scores to Admissions. Scores may also be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org .
The 2019 Summer Bridge application has passed. Thanks to all those who submitted applications for consideration.
Students will be notified of their summer program admission status during the week of April 14.
Additional information about Summer Bridge is sent once students are admitted to the program.
Admission to Summer Bridge and TRIO/SSS is not automatic. Completed applications will be evaluated for eligibility student’s commitment to their own college success, and student’s commitment to fulfill the TRIO/SSS program requirements. If admitted, you will be contacted about the next steps to begin your involvement with TRIO/SSS.
If you have previously taken a college-level public speaking course for college credit, the Summer Bridge program may not be the most advantageous program for you. You may not earn college credit twice for the same course taken twice.