Summer Bridge participants may qualify for a Summer Bridge Promise Grant! Similar to the Augsburg Promise Grant, these award the full cost of tuition* for four years at Augsburg!
*minus state and federal assistance (or Pell Grant + MN State Grant + Summer Bridge Promise Grant = tuition)
**students may still have costs not covered by the Summer Bridge Promise Grant such as room, board, books, and additional fees
Recognizing that is it difficult to give up summer job earning potential to attend Summer Bridge, Augsburg has committed these substantial grant awards to support students with both academic and financial need AND academic promise. Summer Bridge Promise Grant Recipients will likely still have to work during the academic year to pay for remaining costs, such as fees, room, board, and textbooks.
Summer Bridge participants will be notified of their Summer Bridge Promise Grant status April 2021.
To qualify for the Summer Bridge Promise Grant, students must:
- Be admitted to Augsburg for the entering class of fall 2021
- Successfully complete Summer Bridge 2021
- Be a resident of Minnesota and a graduate of a Minnesota high school
- Meet TRIO/SSS eligibility criteria and submit a TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge Application (which is also the application for the Summer Bridge Promise Grant) by Friday, March 19, 12:00 pm CDT.
- Please note: before your application can be reviewed for the TRIO/SSS Summer Bridge program, you must print, complete, sign and return the Income (Tax) Statement form. If you were required to report your parents’/guardians’ income information on the FAFSA, they will need to sign the form.
- Be Pell Grant eligible, as determined by the FAFSA
- Complete the 2021-22 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) by March 19, 2021
- Complete the 2020-21 FAFSA by March 20, 2021
Summer Bridge Promise Grant recipients must also*:
- Live in the residence halls your first two academic years at Augsburg
- Enroll in a minimum of 15 credits per semester
- Demonstrate a commitment to their own educational goals and to active participation in TRIO/SSS through graduation
*As the Summer Bridge Promise Grant is part of the student’s financial aid, it is administered through the University’s Student Financial Services office. As such, exceptions to a student’s eligibility for the Summer Bridge Promise Grant or exceptions to the grant’s requirements are determined on a case-by-case basis by the director of Student Financial Services.
There is no minimum GPA requirement to receive the Summer Bridge Promise Grant or to participate in Summer Bridge.
There is no minimum ACT requirement to receive the Summer Bridge Promise Grant or to participate in Summer Bridge.
There is no college readiness program participation requirement to receive the Summer Bridge Promise Grant or to participate in Summer Bridge.
The Summer Bridge Promise Grant may not be combined with any other Augsburg full tuition scholarships, e.g., Augsburg Promise Grant, Act Six Scholarship, President’s Scholarship.