2015-16 Christensen Scholar Profiles

NORA BARR ’16Nora Barr

Hometown: New York, New York
Major: Urban Studies

My favorite thing about Augsburg is the small class sizes, wonderful professors, and the care that is put into my education. With my experience here I feel I am becoming who I am. I hope to go to grad school to become a School Counselor or Psychologist.

CHELSEA CREGO ’17Chelsea Crego

Hometown: Lakeville, Minn.
Major: Finance and Management
Minor: Management Information Systems

In my free time, I hang out with friends, do homework, volunteer with the M.S. community, and play on Augsburg’s golf team. After graduation I want to work in the Finance Department at a golf course.

HANNAH DAVIDSON ’17Hannah Davidson

Hometown: Virginia, Minn.
Major: Elementary Education
Minor: Youth and Family Ministry

My father, an elementary teacher, has inspired me to pursue my current career path of teaching. The love and patience I’ve seen him give to his kids has inspired me to do the same.

JAY KIEL ’17Jay Kiel

Hometown: Little Falls, Minn.
Major: Youth and Family Ministry

Augsburg has helped me and encouraged me to think, how to question and search. After graduation I’d like to continue my education at Luther Seminary and work towards a Master of Divinity.

BLAKE MILLER ’17Blake Miller

Hometown: Staples, Minn.
Major: Biology
Minor: Religion

My proudest academic achievement was being accepted into the summer Dental School Experience at the University of Minnesota. I have further pursued my career in dentistry by taking an internship shadowing several dentists. After graduation I plan to attend dental school.

DEVIN WIGGS ’17Devin Wiggs

Hometown: Oakdale, Minn.
Major: Sociology
Minor: Metro Urban Studies, Religion

My proudest academic achievements have been being accepted as an American Sociological Association Society honors student and completing my summer research project with Professor James Vela-McConnell about the sex scandal of the Catholic Church. After graduation I plan to go to graduate school for my PhD in Sociology.