Bing tracking

Communication Arts/Literature Teacher Licensure

The Communication Arts/Literature Teacher Licensure Major is for students who seek to be licensed to teach in Minnesota in Communication Arts/Literature.

Students are encouraged to take courses toward their major during the freshman and sophomore years, and to apply for the education licensure program no later than the spring of their junior year. Students in both programs must work with advisers in the English department and the education department in order to meet the professional requirements within the education department as well as the requirements for the major. Should licensure not be possible, graduation can be achieved through an English major, which requires at least two additional, specific courses, or through a Communication Studies major.

>> Communication Arts/Literature Teacher Licensure Concentration Checklist