Augsburg’s ShareShop is officially up and running! Made by students for students, the ShareShop is a place to get free household goods, small kitchen appliances, sheet sets, etc. We built the ShareShop in an effort to help students save money, reduce consumption of material goods, and provide a space that fosters community and informal learning about sustainable practices. This project was proposed by Environmental Studies and Urban Studies Students and made a reality by those students and with support from many people and departments across campus. It is currently operated by the Environmental Stewardship team.
In 2021, we launched a new Pop-Up location in partnership with the Strommen Center and Campus Kitchen. The Pop-Up is a satellite site of the ShareShop and Campus Cupboard where students can get free non-perishable food, school supplies, clothes, and professional attire.
The Free Table is located outside of the ShareShop. The items on the table and rack are available for students to take without needing to check them out. Please only donate items to the ShareShop during its open hours.
Sewing in the ShareShop: To promote creative thinking about reuse and repair, ShareShop has sewing drop in hours. During Spring 2023 semester, join Spanish Professor Dr. Degner Riveros and the ShareShop team, on Mondays from 10:30am – 12pm to sew in the ShareShop. Supplies are available to use in the ShareShop during this time. Or bring a project you are currently working on. No experience required!
MoveOut! At the end of Fall and Spring semesters, we have our biannual MoveOut in partnership with Residence Life. This will be an opportunity for students moving out of the residence halls to donate working small appliances, furniture, fans, kitchenware, clothes, etc. to the ShareShop and save it from going into the dumpsters and city incinerator. Look for the green bins during the months of December and April!
Follow us on Instagram and Facebook for the latest updates.
ShareShop: Science Hall, 8B (across from the Free Table)
Pop-Up: Strommen Center (Christensen Center, Suite 100)
- Spring 2023: Mondays 10am-2pm, Wednesdays 10am-12pm, Thursdays 12-3:30pm, & Fridays 11:30am-3pm (email firstname.lastname@example.org for an appointment and/or to donate outside of these hours)
- Free Table is open year-round Monday-Friday 7am-7pm (Science Hall building hours)
- NEW! Sewing Open Hours: Mondays 10:30am-12pm
- Spring 2023: Monday-Friday 9am-3pm
Current items for FREE include:
- Fans (desk size)*
- Pots & pans*
- Sheets, towels, & other linens*
- School supplies
- Professional clothing**
*Only available at ShareShop
**Only available at the Pop-Up
Current Outdoor Gear items to RENT for FREE include:
- Camping equipment
- Lawn Games (Bag Toss, Kubb, Ladder Golf)
- manual Ice Cream Maker
- Solo Bonfire Pit
Please review the ShareShop Rental Agreement prior to renting items.
- Please follow current Augsburg University Covid-19 protocols regarding social distancing and masking.
- Please do not come to the ShareShop if you experiencing symptoms and/or have tested positive for Covid-19.
- Surgical masks are available upon request.
- Hand sanitizer is provided.
- High-touch surfaces are cleaned regularly.
Looking to donate?
We of course accept donations during our open hours at the ShareShop! We are primarily looking for anything a college student would have use for. We do not accept any broken items, unclean bedding, undergarments, or dirty dishes. All donated items are washed before being offered to their new owners. Current donation requests:
- Desk fans
- Kitchen items
- Sewing machines
- Sewing kit
- Clean bedding
- YOUR TIME! Have a upcycling skill to share (sewing, refurbishing, carpentry, etc.)? Email us!
Questions? Comments? Concerns?
We value your feedback! Email us at email@example.com