We have reached the halfway point in terms of the number of days for the Hagfors Center construction project, and progress continues on time, under budget and with a good safety record.
Construction Site Work
Below is a summary of construction work for this week as well as plans for a street closure the week of March 13:
- Stairwell work. Glass installation on the west stairwell is complete and will begin on the north stairwell this week.
- Framing and glass for the chapel. Crews have begun framing the windows for the chapel (see photo above).
- Roof work. The final roofing layer — the white roof — is complete on the north and west wings. The vapor barrier has been installed on the roof of the lobby area (see photo above). The final layer will be installed in that area after the lobby curtainwall is in place.
- Brick wall on the flexible classroom. The hand-laid brick around the flexible learning space on the south side of the building is is anticipated to be substantially complete by the end of the week. Brick work will then move to the main entrance area.
- Window frames and glass. Installation of window frames and glass continues this week on the west wing, with a majority of the work focusing on the third level.
- Planned closure on 21st Avenue South. McGough is working to obtain approval from the City of Minneapolis to close a portion of 21st Avenue South — between 6th and 7th streets — as of Monday, March 13, for skyway painting work. The closure is planned to coincide with Augsburg’s spring break. Additional details will be posted over the next two weeks as plans are confirmed.