Construction Site Work:
Lobby exterior. The glass panels on the Hagfors Center lobby and flexible classroom are all in place (see photo above), but work will continue for several weeks to fully complete the installation of the exterior of these spaces.
- Green roof. Installation continues of the waterproofing for the green roof on top of the flexible classroom. (See photo at right.)
- Community garden. An additional temporary fence has been installed in the community garden to mark wither grading work will need to take place this summer. The additional fence will help gardeners plant in areas this spring that will not be affected by grading activities during the growing season.
- Window accent colors. Work continues this week on the color panels and the flashing on the bump out windows of the Hagfors Center. (See the photo above for a glimpse of the accent colors visible above the skyway.)
- Skyway ramps. The concrete for the ramp inside the west entrance of the skyway will be completed this week, along with a smaller pour on the east end of the skyway.
- Upper level lobby work. Crews are installing sprinkler pipes and lights in the upper level of the lobby, using the temporary work platform scaffolding referenced in previous weeks’ posts.
Interior work. Tile and ceiling grid installation continues in the basement and on the first level of the north wing. Sheetrocking is underway on the second level of the north wing; electrical and mechanical work continues on levels three and four.
- Lab casework. Installation has begun on some of the lab casework. The photo at right shows the casework in a basement lab in the process of being installed.
- Elevators. Installation is in progress on the hydraulic elevator in the north wing of the building and the main lobby elevator. See the photos below of this installation work in progress.
- Street closure beginning May 1. McGough Construction is working with Augsburg College and the City of Minneapolis to confirm plans for closing 21st Avenue South between South 6th and South 8th streets for the summer. The closure is scheduled to begin immediately after commencement weekend and is expected to reopen before classes resume in September.