The Augsburg MSW schedule is designed to meet the needs of the adult learner.
PLAN OF STUDY
Students entering Augsburg’s MSW program with a bachelor’s degree from a discipline other than social work are classified as generalist students. Full-time generalist students are enrolled in a 2-year program. Part-time generalist students are enrolled in a 4-year program.
Students entering Augsburg’s MSW program with a bachelor’s degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited institution are classified as advanced standing students. Full-time advanced standing students are enrolled in a 13-month program. Part-time advanced standing students are enrolled in a 25-month program.
All students must complete the MSW degree in no more than 4 years following matriculation.
We offer a hybrid program that meets on a semester calendar. Classes are offered September through August and typically meet every other weekend on Friday evenings and Saturday mornings and afternoons. Each class meets on campus for eight sessions in a given semester and for four sessions on campus in a summer term. Students engage in online learning activities between on-campus class weekends. Field practicum hours are generally completed during weekday hours. Visit the Registrar’s Office website for academic calendars and schedules.
MSW courses range from two to four credits.
- Generalist Multicultural Clinical Practice (MCCP) students complete 61 credits
- Generalist Multicultural Macro Practice (MCMP) students complete 60 credits
- Advanced Standing Multicultural Clinical Practice (MCCP) students complete 39 credits
- Advanced Standing Multicultural Macro Practice (MCMP) students complete 38 credits.
To be conferred the MSW degree, students must achieve the following:
- Successful completion of all required MSW courses, maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Successful completion of 920 hours of approved field practica for generalist students or 500 hours of approved field practicum for advanced standing students
- Successful completion and submission of the portfolio project (MCCP) or the summative evaluation project (MCMP)
- Successful completion of all degree requirements within 4 years of matriculation.