The Augsburg MSW schedule is designed to meet the needs of the adult learner.
PLAN OF STUDY
Students entering Augsburg’s MSW program with a bachelor’s degree from a discipline other than social work are classified as generalist students. Full-time generalist students are enrolled in a 2-year program. Part-time generalist students are enrolled in a 4-year program.
Students entering Augsburg’s MSW program with a bachelor’s degree in social work from a CSWE-accredited institution are classified as advanced standing students. Full-time advanced standing students are enrolled in a 13-month program. Part-time advanced standing students are enrolled in a 25-month program.
All students can complete the MSW degree in no more than four years following matriculation.
We offer a hybrid program that meets on a semester calendar. Classes are offered September through August. Students may attend a hybrid weeknight or hybrid weekend schedule. *Note: Macro specialization coursework is only offered via the weekend schedule at this time. Each class meets on campus for eight sessions in a given semester and for four sessions on campus in a summer term. Students engage in online learning activities between on-campus class weekends. Field practicum hours are generally completed during weekday hours. Visit the Registrar’s Office website for academic calendars and schedules.
MSW courses range from two to four credits.
- Generalist Anti-Oppressive Clinical Practice (AOCP) students complete 61 credits
- Generalist Anti-Oppressive Macro Practice (AOMP) students complete 60 credits
- Advanced Standing Oppressive Clinical Practice (AOCP) students complete 40 credits
- Advanced Standing Anti-Oppressive Macro Practice (AOMP) students complete 41 credits
To be conferred the MSW degree, students must achieve the following:
- Successful completion of all required MSW courses, maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.00 or higher
- Successful completion of 920 hours of approved field practica for generalist students or 500 hours of approved field practicum for advanced standing students
- Successful completion and submission of the portfolio project (MCCP) or the summative evaluation project (MCMP)
- Successful completion of all degree requirements within four years of matriculation.