ADMISSION TO THE PROGRAM: BSW Degree Candidacy
BSW Program Orientation
Social work majors who want to pursue a bachelor of science in social work degree are invited to attend an information session. The sessions are held in the fall and spring terms of the sophomore year. During the session, applicants are given an overview of the program. Students will be provided with a link to the application form.
The qualification for applying are as follows:
- Admission to Augsburg University
- Completion of 52-64 semester hours
- GPA of 2.5 or higher
- Approval of all social work related transfer credits by the Social Work Department
- College-level algebra equivalency or plan formulated with advising to achieve it
- Completion of the BSW Candidacy Application, including submission of a cover letter, resume, and unofficial transcript.
- Completion of at least 4 of 7 of the Supporting Courses
See the Social Work section of the undergraduate catalog for details on courses and curriculum.
Overview of the application process
Once you have submitted your materials and completed the Google Form your application will be read by two faculty members. You will receive a decision by e-mail at least two days after the final review. You will receive an official letter via post in 2-4 weeks if you are accepted. An interview with the BSW Program Director may be required as part of the admissions process.
Current students: sophomores enrolled at Augsburg can apply at anytime. The application deadline is March 30.
Transfer students: for students transferring to Augsburg the deadline is 30 days after the student receives the link to the Google Form.
ALL Applications for admission to the BSW Program are required to be completed by August 1 of each year.
Applicants with Felony Convictions
Prospective students with felony convictions may apply to the program, but there can be a possibility of difficulty in finding an internship. Prospective students with felony convictions should consult with the BSW Program Director.