The Social Work Department values transfer students. They often bring to the program a variety of life experiences, maturity, focus, and a desire to excel academically. Our classes are better for having students who have a different point of view to contribute to the ongoing discussion. We would like to make the transition to Augsburg’s BSW degree program as smooth as possible. There are several things you can do at your current school to prepare to continue your education at Augsburg. For students applying after the end of the regular school year the summer deadline is August 1.
Steps for transfer students applying to the BSW Program:
- Contact Augsburg’s Transfer counselors our Admissions Department and set up a meeting (if you have not).
- Meet with the BSW Program Director to discuss transfer credits, the application and information session schedules.
- Confirm your assigned social work faculty advisor with BSW Program Director
- Set up a meeting with your new faculty advisor
- Talk with Academic counselors at your school. You can check the sites below to see if courses you are taking transfer into the Augsburg BSW Program. If your school is not listed contact the Office of the Registrar at Augsburg:
Transferring into the Augsburg BSW Program with 2-year degrees
For information on how your two-year college degree will transfer in for credit to Augsburg contact the Augsburg Office of the Registrar.