Students interested in applying to be an AugSTEM Scholar should read the 2021-2022 AugSTEM Application Information Packet carefully before beginning. Students considering this scholarship should begin the application process as soon as possible to give their letter writer adequate time to write the recommendation.
Here is a brief overview of the process:
- Let us know you’re interested by filling out the Expression of Interest Form (note: this step, unlike the others, is not required)
- Identify a Faculty member who can write you a letter of recommendation (remember to get their permission!)
- Let us and your letter writer know whether you’d like to read your letter or not by filling out the Letter of Recommendation: Right to Review Form
- Prepare your application materials
- Four answer questions
- Grad plan
- Complete the 2021-22 AugSTEM Scholar Application Form
- The selection committee will rank applications according to merit and financial need, and inform applicants of their decision
Full details can be found in the 2021-2022 AugSTEM Application Information Packet.
The application deadline for the 2021-22 academic year is Wednesday, May 19 at 11:59pm.
You can reach out to our Program Director, Rebekah Dupont:
Rebekah Dupont, PhD
Director, STEM Programs (PI)
Associate Professor of Mathematics
Hagfors Center 101G